Home

WIP: Lion-O from Thundercats

Psynex

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do any sound editing?

also, just a side note...I've 'released' the unwrapping tutorial I wrote. It goes through unwrapping my sword of omens model, but teaches you the technique that most people use to unwrap their models. You can take what you learn in there and apply it to any model.

Hi, yeah noticed the post for the tut... charging credits eh? I got my glowy name today!

I could probably edit the sound but I learnt it last year at uni so Im very hazey. I ll look over my notes and let u know. I m gonna b busy over next 2 weeks anyway...

Have you exported and got a model in game before?

Psynex, I was feeling generous and as thanx for your help in the past I have given ya 5 credits. 4 to reach the magic 300 glowy name stage and 1 to get ya on your way for the 500 mark...

Nothing worse than a big fat 0!

I have succesfully exported a model yes...but never played it in game as I didn't like what I saw in ModView. This will be different though. Despite any minor issues I see, he's going to be publically released.

At least the sword will look kick ass.

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of the sword kicking ass:

sword-of-omens-in-JK2.jpg

I'm almost done skinning it. Just a bit longer. I'd say if I had just one hour to sit alone with no interuptions it'd be ready. I have to tweak some areas that are drastically impacted by the map lighting and I want to customize the saber blade to match the shape of the sword's blade. Possible allowing me to eliminate the blade geometry all together and giving me more polys to put back into the model in other places....or maybe that could be a second version.

Dan, be a trooper!

Fret not, it will be posted once finished.

Rasin_Heck: I don't believe that the handle was blue. I have seen screenshots from the show with some light blue-gray coloring in areas, but I believe that to be just that frame (still). I watched the only episodes I have on my PC over again and didn't notice any color either. I wanted it to have a realistice metal texture while staying true to the entire design, thus making it look "believeable". The only thing you might notice that I left out when it's finished is the Spaid shape in the center of the square part of the hilt.

Wudan: You would seriously make a stance? I'm totally interested in making custom stances for this. I'd like to see them in order of the show the way Lion-O moves the sword in 3 directions to make the blade grow, and then holds it above his head. To have them in that order would be cool because people would be cycling through the stances with the "Thunder Thunder Thunder...." sound bite I have for the character. :) Could you make the stance without the sword? You can see from the shots it already fits in hand perfectly, so you could set them up with just an ordinary saber and I'll include them in the pak. I'm looking to have the skin 100% complete this weekend.

crap...I need to get more detail on Lion-O now! It's been a while since I worked with him because this stupid sword grabbed all of my attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, yea...so I've had the sword of omens "done" for some time now minus one minor issue that maybe someone reading this can answer:

I'm using JediMod v1.2 (I believe) and have tried adjusting the saber blade image, which failed to adhear. I then just replace the image with all black, which also failed. I downloaded a sword model to check on things and in that author's pak was all of the colored saber images...however, JediMod has it's own saber images for the TCK portion that are just black and white so the TCK chooser can apply the color to that black and white scale. I've changed the TCK saber images, so why aren't they sticking?

Archived