Home

NPC Scripting - BehavEd

CortoCG

OK now, greetings for those avid of information and knowledge. This thread, as my last one, will be just for comments and heavy info on NPC scripting. Not for ideas of what could be made with what we find out from this.

Here's the topic. scriptinig an NPC with BehavEd to overcome the problem that we don't have the SP code and we cannot create new NPCs Classes.

New animations will be rendered completely useless unless we find out the way to tell the NPCs how to use them. I don't know how is it in MP, but my primary focus is SP.

I *think* SP is like MP - I couldn't use my new animations in game unless I had backed it up in code. Isn't JediStone working out of the MP code anyway?

I don't want to say it's not possible because I don't know JACK about SP. Maybe you could ask Raven? Try James Monroe.

I'll give him a try.

About Jedistone's work, he's working on MP while I'm still testing things in SP cause I believe MP is a no-go, I bet on future, to see the release of SP code.

Port anything to MP will be simple, cause no big changes have to be made for it.

Originally posted by CortoMaltes

I'll give him a try.

About Jedistone's work, he's working on MP while I'm still testing things in SP cause I believe MP is a no-go, I bet on future, to see the release of SP code.

Port anything to MP will be simple, cause no big changes have to be made for it.

Yes... I'm working on bastard MP code which we intend to behave like SP with regard to NPC scripting, etc.

So I'm working in both worlds, unfortunately. :(

Anyway, Corto, our team's directive right now (as given by our team leader) is to work with what we've got right now, and if by some miracle LucasArts/Activision/Raven arrange their affairs to release the SP code as was done for Elite Force (though they didn't release it until the expansion pack was complete, and the EF SP code was intended to be used with the expansion pack's executable, IIRC), then we can REJOICE! and commence working with that set of code.

Until then, we've gotta make the WLS code work for us, for better or worse. I just hope our mappers realize this. :eek:

But I need to acquaint myself with this topic too, since I'm going to have to test the NPC scripting we've done for the demo, if the secret base map ever gets modified to work with our code.

So I'll be lurking around this list, definitely!!

:D

Listen, if you're not going to contribute with some kind of real info or research results don't even bother seeing this post, really.

I don't care if I'm ignored as long as I talking nonsense. So far I prooved I'm NOT.

Now now, I've been doing experiments with scripts, to control my new animations, so far they do what I tell them.

So, people with real knowledge on hiper high level languages like the one Icarus uses for scripting feel free to post their research results on the matter.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

Sure they'll do what you TELL them to do, but you can't mold the entire gameplay off of scripts.

We're not trying to discourage you from modding. We just don't think it's productive to go down paths that lead to a insane amount of work and probabl won't work / ever be completed. You'd be best spending your time attempting something a little more doable.

Archived