Home

Your speculation on Technological Advances

Pnut_Man

You can get lightsabers...You know the toy ones that were banned at airports. Forget if this was in Australia or the US. :D

Also, just to add to what I said on video games. I think the amount of polygons and textures will increase but so will the amount of processing on each polygon and texture.

Future of successful videogames:

Eventually game creators will understand that replay value is very important.. They'll add so many elements and paths for your character to go on that you'll be totally overwhelmed. Online gaming will soon get very big, the microphone device from xbox will be intergrated into many of the other big videogame systems.

(ill add more tomorrow..so tired..zzzz..)

I anticipate that the flexible LCD Screen will be big in 10 years or so. This will allow portable devices to be stored small, but "unrolled" to produce a larger screen. We may get two-way video cell phones, etc. from technology like this.

I actually envision that the technology may one day become cheap enough that newspapers could be delivered wirelessly and viewed on a small device coded specifically for that publisher. Imagine being able to browse the sunday paper without getting all that ink on your hands, killing untold trees, creating who-knows-how-much pollution from delivery drivers, burning who-knows-how-much fuel printing and delivering the printed papers.

SkinWalker

Originally posted by {MGS}Echuu

What is fusion?

We are talking about Nuclear fusion here, where atoms collide and fuse with each other, similar to what happens on the Sun, and we use the heat from this fusion in the same way we harness the heat from nuclear fission.

Current nuclear power is from fission, where we cause atoms to lose electrons to cause chain reactions. In other words currently we break up atoms instead of joining them together for nuclear energy...

WE have the "cold fusion" fakes, where people claimed that they had achieved nuclear fusion at room temperature...

Archived