Home

GTK into 3ds max

UbH

ok a long time ago I made a nice level in GTK and my friend who playes alot of other random games noticed it, an suggested that I make it for uneal 2003; now i can sit and remodle the level in the unreal editor (sigh:( ) but i was wondering is there a way to import .map .reg or even .pfb

in 3ds max, or bypass it; like importing it into milk shape then max's. anything???:confused::ewok:

PS. dont get me wrong I love outcast but I want to do this one for a friend

Only way I know of that you can do this...

Export it from Gtk as a .map file

Import into GMAx (with the Tempest Pack)

Get 3ds import/exporter for Gmax

Export as 3ds

Import into 3ds max

And from there, you can export it into unreal ed as a static mesh.

FOOOOOOOKNa; GMAX duh why didnt i think of that, thank'S man must of been a brain fart.

hey do you have a link to the 3dsmax import/exsport plugin for gmax? would cut down on my searchin list.

PS. going to have fun re-textureing this static mesh with utks textures :D lol its huge but unreals engine can take it, un-like jedi knights.

ok im confussed let me layout my questions :)

from gtk save the map as .map .reg or .pfp

then import it in to Gmax

:question1:with what plugin would I use to import the map/where to find the plugin:question1:

Once imported into Gmax, exsport it as Commodus says .md3

:question2: would the plugin for .md3 exsporting on GMAX be the same as 3dsmax's md3 plugin the PopNFresh_plug? if not what one is it and/where to find it?:question2:

Once exsported as md3 then import the md3 into 3dsmax

:question3:where/what plugin do i use to import md3 in 3dsmax; cause PopNFresh_plug only exsports for 3dsmax:question3:

Final step Exsport the map as ASCII for the unreal editor and import the ASCII as static mesh:rolleyes:

GTKRadiant 1.2.11 comes with a new .map compiler called Q3Map2. This compiler regularly compiles .map files to .bsp files, so they can be played in JK2. However, it can, instead, export to .ASE format, which is a very nice model format, that can be read by 3dsm. I don't know about the other ways mentioned above, and I don't know of anyone who has actually done what I am suggesting might be possible. I just know that it is possible to compile a .map file created by GTKRadiant into a .ASE file.

It's a compile program, just like SOF2MAP, with one difference, Q3Map2 is useful ;P

I don't know how long it would take, but the switch is "-convert", I'm not sure what the other options would need to be, but it's in there. I couldn't find the specifics :(, so, ... get up on ydnar's Q3map2 forum and ask.

well got the program Q3map2 and setup for jediknight also posted my question on that board but noone is answering so i was wondering if you could go into little more deatail -convert switch and how to do a switch

Archived