Home

Advice on some video cards..

Well, speaking from my own experience:

I have had several ATI cards and they have performed wonderfully. They seem more stable and less "finicky" than nVidia, but they generally lack the driver support and updates that nVidia is famous for.

Having said that, Currently I have an nVidia GeForce 4 TI4600, and I am thoroughly pleased with it. It seems more stable than previous nVidia chipsets, and I know I'll have the driver support to back that up.

However, I know that ATI has vastly improved their support, so it really is a giant toss up.

Personally, as a gamer, go with nVidia. If it were for industrial or commercial use, I'd go ATI.

Hope that helps.

i would say GF4Ti

since none of ati readon reaks is not supported by game develpors much

games that not work whit ati cards are---sim city 4--theme park--and direct7 types of games

if you only play shooter i would say thake ati

if you play other games to thake nvidia

alsow i would advis asus of you thake nvidia

http://www.nvidia.com or http://www.ati.com

the chouse is yours, this chouse is appointed to you and if you do not make a chouse no one will......

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Well, speaking from my own experience:

I have had several ATI cards and they have performed wonderfully. They seem more stable and less "finicky" than nVidia, but they generally lack the driver support and updates that nVidia is famous for.

Having said that, Currently I have an nVidia GeForce 4 TI4600, and I am thoroughly pleased with it. It seems more stable than previous nVidia chipsets, and I know I'll have the driver support to back that up.

However, I know that ATI has vastly improved their support, so it really is a giant toss up.

Personally, as a gamer, go with nVidia. If it were for industrial or commercial use, I'd go ATI.

Hope that helps.

Well, well. This certainly helped me out on making my choice easier. :) Some great advice from Havoc as always. ;)

alsow i would advis asus of you thake nvidia

I was thinking about Leadtek at first, but heard some bad things about them. I hear they have some good driver and software support anyways. :)

Originally posted by edlib

I have a LeadTek Ti4600. The card is GREAT!!! I would recommend them to anybody.

They do include a few cool extras though, but I didn't like thier drivers or utilities. But I only use the official nVidia drivers with it anyway.

I'll be getting a heatsink and RAM spreader, so I can add a heat sink to the Asus Ti 4200 video card. :)

Archived