Home

New SP editing tutorials

Kengo

I am working on some new SP tutorials, and have currently completed two more.

:deathstar Firstly a simple tutorial on creating a PK3 for an SP map - this is basically a foundation tutorial for later stuff

:deathstar Secondly a tutorial for setting up custom objectives

They are both avaliable here:

http://www.geocities.com/kengomaps/tutorials.html

Next up a tutorial on doing ending credits, then a few tutorials on altering npc attributes using the npc.cfg file - these should be up in the next week

I will also be re-jigging the three currently avaliable cutscene tutorials to make them clearer, and adding a few more, in the next week or so.

Any feedback on the tutorials welcome - any problems?

Just finished another tutorial:

:deathstar It's on how to alter NPC attributes using the NPC.cfg file. It goes into using team colours for NPCs, altering NPC sounds, changing attributes like, health, aim etc and creating NPC_Types, which is a good intermediary step to creating totally new NPCS.

OK, I've just finished my last tutorial for the time being. I'm gonna get back to working on the follow up to Occupation, and over the course of that I hope to learn some more about affecting NPCs and animating them, so I will hopefully create some tutorials on that after I finish that map :)

The tutorial I've just finished is on creating a custom menu, with a customised picture. The tutorial also goes into loading any map you want from the new game option on the menu screen (so you can load your custom SP level through the new game option in the menu, and pick the difficult level as well).

I've also put up a tutorial by Heke7, author of the Imperial Mine series (first map in the series is here: http://massassi.net/levels/files/2509.shtml) on giving NPCs weapons and force powers using BehavEd

I've also gone through the three camera tutorals, tried to make them appear a little clearer, and checked for any problems.

Archived