Home

MI5 should use CMIs graphics, not GRIME

bucket-o'-mudd

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really, i found controlling guybrush pretty easy, you just had to almost face someone (if you wanted to talk to them for an example) and then scroll down to the option saying to interact with that person (although it's normally on talk by default) and then pressing enter and guybrush will walk up to them himself. same with grim fandango. i go used to the controls within about half an hour of gameplay (played it recently, completed the game entirely with my left hand on the keypad, still easy)

If ya'll know anyone over at Lucasarts who wants to make MI5 3D like MI4, then you have my permission to kick them, HARD.

Those graphics sucked. They just didn't capture the spirit of Monkey Island. If they want to make it 3D, then they should make it 3D like, Flight Simualtor 2002 for example. I also vastly preferred the point and click to "ROBOT THREEPWOOD". lol. But honestly, I first got MI4 and thought to myself ''These graphics SUCK!" I think MI3 looked the best out of all the games.

I even have an Idea of what MI5 should be called, The REAL Secret of Monkey Island. The original music style was really the best as well. (except my computer doesn't play sound with the first two:mad: )

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

yes, the backgrounds were nice, but didn't quite fit in with what we want from monkey island. i like the cmi backgrounds the best.

Yes, that's true. I've changed my mind about the emi backgrounds after reading that large Ben Tiller interview over at scummbar and watched em carefully again. CMI RuLeS!

the good thing about mi4 is that they had people walking in the towns which they didnt have in mi3.

But the pirates on mele island were all the same, the boulder flinger was also a pirate putting up lechucks statue, guybrushs honeymoon crew were also pirates getting along with the enemy pirates from the first cutscene.....

why is this?

(soz if im goin off subject lol)

Gosh, I really, really hope that Lucasarts are using the good ole paint and paper to the next game...

I love the background paintings in the third game, and how funny isn´t Guybrush´s facial expressions?!?! Those could´nt be made in a better way than a cartoonic, animated way, don´t you think?

Guest Das Mole

well, out of all the games, i'd have to say that cmi comes in second for graphics for me. you just can't beat the original graphics from mi1 and mi2.

they should, though, do mi5 in 2d style like from cmi. either that or cel shading.

:newbie:s rule! (4 in 2 days?!?!?!)

i think they know the publics basic interest in this game and i think mi4 was just a test to see how well those graphics go down in a mnokey island world (it was a big hit with grim fandango, but that was a new game altogether). as it is, many people liked it and many people didn't so we don't know how it's going to go. i liked the graphics of efmi, but i liked the cmi graphics better and i am in agreement that it should go back, but this would only be appealing to the fan base and a few other PC users. the console gamers wouldn't like it much (considering it's hard to put that kind of game onto console and sell it) and so lucasarts wouldn't sell that many and may not even get back the money it took them to produce the game. i'm not saying that lucasarts are cold heartless fiends who only care about money, i'm saying that the money they put into the game, they'll want to get back plus more and creating a game with 2D graphics would be risky for them. it would also bne kinda wrong to have limited graphics, turn into cartoony graphics, turn into 3D graphics, and then back to cartoony.

Some kind of comprimise between 3D and 2D would do me, although LucasArts are getting much better with 3D and it's got a lot more potential than 2D.

Hmmm, I dunno, you've got to keep up with the times. It's 3D 3D 3D these days.

Guest Das Mole

all threads are messages for everyone to see, pm's would be private (the only reason i put the apostrophe there was so it wouldn't look like i was saying pms.)

Archived