Home

*VOTE* for JKII Gmax

Drico

You are probably not thinking straight. What you want is a GMax XSI importer/exporter, which doesn't exist. It could be written, but does GMax have bones? It has everything else ... so I guess it could happen ...

They might interpret that you want something to make models for JK2, which you have, since little things like X-Wings and various crates are considered models.

I'm pretty sure it has bones I know milkshape dose. But you are probably right I'm not thinking straight, but from what I read I thought it was that whatever you make in gamx you could put into the came so to speak. Wel as long as it's like what's in the game. But what do I know you are the expert.

It sounds like none of us know a terrible amount about gmax. I think in the next few days I'll have to download it and try it out. It might give me some experience for when my 3ds max 5 demo gets here. Oh and have you hered of something called blender by any chance?

Well to be a wee bit offtopic, I recently used softimage to see what all the fuss is about and I think I understand why they chare 9k for it now.

I'm not sure gmax has a skin modifier... but I never tried it. Most modelers i've spoken to have gotten their hands on more complete programs, but I agree... there should be a free tool out that allows people do design models for their favorite games. So Gmax support for JKII (uh... I meant the other way I around) would be a very good thing. In fact, they should try to follow Ciragan's example and provide the maximum plugins and support for all the games out there like milkshape.

softimage xsi is about $9000, albeit a very nice and very complete progam.

my philosophy on the issue is that if I don't use their software to make money, or to produce any content with any type of commercial value, I'm not really stealing anything. the only things I have "produced" with 3d modelling programs, have been models for games and some animations in order to learn and to do some cool stuff I can enjoy. Nobody gets to watch the stuff I make, so why would anyone care what I used to make it.

:)

I'm not sure about softimage xsi is about $ 9000, cause I know this guy at school and he has softimage xsi, and he's just 'bout the same age as I am like 15/ 16.

there would be no way he payed 9000 bucks for it cause he's spending all of his money on his computer, and I don't mean the prog's or games I mean hardware like the geforce 4 and Nforce card's stuff. and even before he can afford one he's like saving his money for about a year before he could buy one.

So if he bought XSI he would be saving his money for this thing for at least 9 or 10 years, and I don't think he was planning to buy it when he was 5

15/16 huh, My age. Just go to their website, $9000. Ask him where he got it, maybe he know something we do not. My be he got it from someone who did not know what it was like I saw on e-bay 3ds max for $80 but I was not up to speed yet and about 20 minuts later it was gone for $80 with buy it now. But yes ask him I would like to know.

Archived