Home

Why LightSide? Why DarkSide?

DC | Dark Luke

It really depends on the situation. If i'm on like ctf_bespin playing ctf and there are a bunch of pull/push spammers on the other team, i'll go for lightside so I get absorb. The rest of the time I prefer darkside just because darkside moves are harder to counter than the lightside moves.

I'd say my favourite powers are light, i use Jump, Push, pull, seeing, speed and heal (of course saber attack/ defense) i suppose i like light because of the heal force theres nothing like gaining a bit more energy especially if you've taken a few lightning bolts

:vadar: "you powers are weak old man!" / :ben: "Hey haven't we met before?"

I, Darth Mofo, have been enjoying the Dark Side as of late.

Unlike sports in real life, you don't neccesarily win through defense. You win by killing your opponent. Dark powers are offensive, and do damage to your enemy. While Light powers may keep you alive longer, they make you depend on your lightsaber and other weapons. Obviously Dark Powers against Dark Powers will get someone killed quickly, but Dark Powers against light powers kind of forces a player to use absorb, and inhibits his other powers. No idiot is going to continue to use powers on a guy that has absorb on, and absorb will eventually drain his power. Healing isn't all that great, there are plenty of powerups around to keep a dark power guy in good shape, and mind trick isn't that great when someone has seeing. I guess what I'm getting at is, I like GRIP. Being able to manipulate your enemy is cool, whether it be throwing him into a pit or holding him steady to do a lightsaber move on him. AND it does direct damage! What more could you want?

for ctf it depends on map.

For ff sabz i would like to say dark owns light. HOwever, if the guy threatens to boot if you start drain war. Light can be useful and I see one use with absorb. After you kick, they can't pk you in air. Ive seen Screed use that and his newby tactics that work if i don't drain.

You Darkies R 2 confident.

I will agree with advocates of dark powers that it is EASIER to win duels with lightning drain & grip against someone who does not have the same powers. During duels, Darkies have at their disposal 4 tools to remove points from their opponents health.

Sabre, lightning, grip, & kick. Lighters have sabre & kick.

Having said this , I will also mention drain. 4 me, it's much worse than lightning & grip. I can't remember the last time someone hurt my bad with lightning or grip, it's the drain the sets me up 4 trouble.

Iam kinda suprised that the serious FPS advocates who so elequently explained why the game is not as fun anymore would choose the path of least resistance (darkside).

If a darkie beats a lighty in a Full Force sabre only duel, I am not as impressed as when it's the other way around. The only way darkies R gonna impress me is to win 100% of the time. And nobody has ever done that.

Archived