Home

Mac Help, Please (MP Force Powers)

Koala3K

I've been getting really frustrated when trying to select force powers in the multiplayer Force setup menu.

Since I have a Mac (and darn proud of it), and I only have one mouse button, I can't right-click the force points to take points away from a power. I've tried everything else I can think of.

If any of you people know how to do this on a Mac, and could tell me, I'd owe you a Wookiee Life Debt.

--Koala3K

i mooched a used usb two button mouse off someone :D

it was old and beat up, and they didnt use it any more. just find someone with an old usb (dosent need to be optical, i gave up optical so i could have 2 buttons and a scroll wheel, definatley worth it imho), and ask them to give it to you, there has to be some people you know with one sitting in their closet, im pretty sure that as long as its usb, its all good.

sorry, i love my macs, but the apple pro optical one button is blech

After getting frustrated with all this, I contacted Aspyr technical support (which was REAL helpful in telling me to go to hell when I asked why JK2 wasn't working when I installed it), and they said, quote, "Sorry, but this feature requires a two-button mouse."

What beats me is why they'd release a Mac game that requires a two-button mouse, when most Mac users do not use such mice and Apple does not make any. Stupid Aspyr.

They can't even spell "aspire" correctly.

--Koala3K

Originally posted by Koala3K

What beats me is why they'd release a Mac game that requires a two-button mouse, when most Mac users do not use such mice and Apple does not make any.

shhh, dont say that

anyways, most people who are willing to shell out the money for a mac and games are willing to spend an extra 20$ on a decent mouse. i dont really see what your problem is, two button mouse makes it so much easier to play. ive been in a fairly large clan (that plays ut mostly, were working on a movment towards a JKII squad) for a while, and no one uses a single button mouse for long. i mean, left click primary fire, right click alt fire, scroll button change weapons ( or jump/duck, etc, depends on players peersonal prefrence) opening up contorl and option for jump and duck (assuming that your hand is based over the arrow keys), but no matter youre prefrence, (assuming that you use a mouse, one person in the clan is keyboard only, so it dosent really matter to him), it is much easier to have a mouse with at least two buttons, and they arent that expensive.

let me ask you something, did apple make your monitor and printer? not mine, and i use them. although macs are very nice, its not the end of the world to use something that wasnt made by them. mice really arent expensive, and i bet if you looked you could get one for free like i said in the post above

Well Apple does make monitors, but they sure as hell don't make the tube for them. My Apple Multiple Scan 20 is a Sony tube with an Apple logo on it.

You should get a two button mouse not only for the game, but for everything. Saves a lot of time, especially a scroll wheel. The mice Apple makes are sheer and utter crap, you're going to have to get a real mouse.

Don't get me wrong-- I'm not saying that two-button mice are bad, and I'm not saying that I don't want anything to do with them. I was just asking why a Mac game would require a two-button mouse, since the majority of Mac users don't use such mice, and no Mac ships with them.

Call me a masochist, too, but my controls are X for jump, C for crouch, Space for use, (vintage Dark Forces controls!), and Control for alt. attack.

Before the third level of the game, also, I had made the mouse move me around, like in Dark Forces, and had Page Up and Down control my look. Then I realized how stupid that was, so I stopped. Let the flaming begin.

Oh, and my monitor is probably Apple. It's built into my iMac. My printer shipped with my computer, unlike a two-button mouse.

--Koala3K

Well I understand what you mean. They could have made it easier for people with one button. But then again, Apple could make a mouse with more than one button...

Think Different = Think Proprietary = Think BAD

Archived