Home

VIS issue with glass

wedge2211

I have a room with windows the overlook parts of my level and a skybox, and a wierd VIS issue is occurring. At least, I assume it's VIS-related since it only occurs when I do a q3map2 BSP -vis instead of a BSP -vis -fast.

http://wso.williams.edu/~jshoer/images/ots_viserr.jpg

The top picture is from inside the room...All you can see of the windows is that rainbow HOM effect. I know this CAN be caused by structural glass brushes, but these are detail brushes and all non-glass faces are caulked. :confused:

The bottom-left picture is from outside, a short distance away, and you can see in through the windows...but note that only a few specific brush faces are drawn.

The bottom-right picture is from even farther away outside, and now the entire interior is drawn.

What gives?

Don't use caulk on translucent brushes. Use nodraw.

All sides of the brush must be textured with a shader that's translucent. Either surfaceparm trans or surfaceparm nonopaque. This forces the brush to detail, and makes the visible surfaces not block light.

y

its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday vits my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday vvvvvits my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday its my birthday

Archived