Home

Galactic Battlegrounds Expansion Summary

Guest BlueSenateGuard

Guest BlueSenateGuard

:fett: :ewok :jawa:band:

Okay, so it's clear that the Yuuzhan Vong are the most popular for a possible future expansion pack. After all the debate sparked by my Ewok post (I asked the same question earlier in the official Lucasarts GB chat w/GarryG, but they didn't respond. However, they did respond to my indigenous life question, and my name appears in the transcript) we've come around to a more practical 3 or so civs rather than 6 more, plus some additional technologies, units, and perhaps a few unplayable races.

So, the Vong and Mon Calamari are definitely in. What is our third species? Here are a few suggestions.

If Sand People and Jawas are out, or used as indigenous life, how about a Tatooine moisture farmer civilization? I can see great culture opportunity (first Tatooine playables) with a comfortably adapted peacetime system. The war units shouldn't be too hard to drum up either (militia, armoured speeders, skyhoppers). and their primary enemies would be the Tuskens and Krayt dragons. This would be a light side civ.

Somebody mentioned Trandoshans earlier. This would be a great counter to the Wookiees, I think. Definitely a dark side race.

A Dathomir or Dagobah civ would be different from the others, and feature interesting Force opportunities, what with those Dathomir sith witches and all. Obviously dark side.

Lastly, I really believe the Ewoks are a capable race for Galactic Battlegrounds. They have land infantry, archery, and slingers, nasty booby traps and saboteurs, heavy artillery, and light air bombers. They build complicated treehouses and have a cool religious/governmental system, and their tremendous advantage is in their freedom from fighting on the ground below; if the action's too hot, they just need to bomb 'em with rocks, arrows, and tree trunks until they surrender. The Empire was at their mercy during the Battle of Endor. I think they're just as capable as the Gungans, and a whole lot less annoying. Their only lacking catagory is navy power, but every civ's got to have a weakness in addition to its advantage.

Now, what are the new technologies and units you think we need for the expansion?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Job Senate Guard!!! We needed this so we didn't have evreything everywhere.

That's true, the Vong and the Mon Calamari should be in.

For the third species I just got an idea. The Falleen.

These guys(Prince Xizor from Shadows) have reptilian ancestors, where very advanced, until Vader destroyed them. Besides that would be a great campaign. The Empire vs. The Falleen, and the bonus mission could be the Falleen beating Vader instead.

I would really like that, they are a powerful race (much more than Ewoks) they got good craft, (if you don't believe me, go play the last level of Shadows) like the Skyhook called The Falleen's Fist and the Star Viperswhich are the individual starfighters (equivalent to X-Wings).

Guest Rogue15

yeah, Falleen are awesome!!! I am a Falleen, that's why. I was so smart, that i decieved everybody at jedi knight to picture me as a Kubaz everytime they see me! ahahahahahah!!!!!

Guest Boba Fett

What about the Hutts? They could make a really cool and powerful civilizaton too. :jawa. Think about it, armed sail barges and Jabba as a hero character!

Archived