Home

That, er, Bone Connections bit in MI2...

Snapcase

...where does it come from exactly? Is it a pop culture reference of some kind?

I ask 'cause I've got a 1981 song on one of my more obscure Reggae compilations called "Bone Connection" by the deejay Nicodemus, which has very similar lyrics to the relevant bit in MI2: My (somethingorother) bone is connected to my (somethingelse) bone, etc. Now, assuming Ron Gilbert wasn't a sufficiently big fan of 80s Dancehall to have memories of a #7 jamaican hit that was not reissued on CD until the mid-nineties, I'm assuming both sets of lyrics come from a third-party source.

Well?

That's a question that Google could not answer with the use of my feeble searching skills. I remember this tune being played during an episode of the timeless childrens classic, "Funnybones", which was about two homosexual skeletons as far as I can remember. Also, Dr. Nick Riviera may or may not have sung it to himself when operating on Homer in 'The Simpsons'.

i remember it being taught to me whan i was in school many many years ago (okay so it was only last week, just shut up!), it's actually a very famous song but i don't know it's origins, but it is best known for it's TV cameos as many comedy's spoof it or use it for humour. i can't give any classic examples, but basically, i'm guessing it was something the writers of MI" just knew about and knew that the majority of the people playingt eh game would know about so they threw it in.

Archived