Home

G_FindConfigstringIndex

AKPiggott

This reminds me. Isn't Kyle's saber supposed to be green? I think this is mentioned and I haven't played anything else from this series, though I'm planning to. Just seems ironic that they would force you to have the wrong saber color.

Anyway, if Emon's right, and I hope he's not, AKPiggot may be stuck stripping his level down to accomodate the limits of the engine or follow the stolen lightsaber idea.

On to the entities, maybe they thought they had covered everything that could possibly be needed.

Originally posted by Emon

1. AK, if you don't want Mace to use other weapons, can't you just lock the player's weapon to the saber, or did that cause problems? You could also blanket the level in nodrop as someone else suggested.

Are you wondering why we're trying to weapons other than the saber is to drop the entity count. I never knew the purpose of the nodraw shader, but I'm probably never going to use it myself, although it is perfect for this scenario. I said that he is a jedi master and doesn't use items other than the saber was a reason to logically remove them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by master_thomas

This reminds me. Isn't Kyle's saber supposed to be green? I think this is mentioned and I haven't played anything else from this series, though I'm planning to. Just seems ironic that they would force you to have the wrong saber color.

Anyway, if Emon's right, and I hope he's not, AKPiggot may be stuck stripping his level down to accomodate the limits of the engine or follow the stolen lightsaber idea.

I think if anyone knew how to change the saber colour in this kind of way it would be Emon.

Katarn's lightsaber was Green in JK I think, I was kinda confused by him having a blue one in JO...I've never played JK so I don't know if he lost his green one at some time during that...

Weirdly, in TPM Mace had a blue saber apparently. I don't know how anyone knows, as I can't remember any saber usage from him...in the promotional shots it was blue I think. There is some long bit on the SW site describing this, and how he must have 'lost' the blue one in the intervening 10 years. Somehow, he doesn't seem quite the same without a purple one, to me anyway :)

That will be two lost sabers!( one only temporary, following my storyline workaround for the split level idea) Master Windu should take better care of his saber.:lol:

My 100th post; yay.

Anyway, wasn't the purple saber Samuel L. Jackson's request? Maybe this was after the promotional shots. This would be perfect. Mace can have two lightsabers, but the blue one is his "emergency lightsaber" lol. Some sort of sentimental value makes him use the purple one usually, but he has no choice. This could fix AK's problem without reducing the level. Make a short cutscene connected to the robbery as a flashback. This is at the beginning, when the saber can be stolen. Then, you don't need the purple saber at all! It can be blue and have the split in the middle.

AKPiggot, if you haven't commited to another solution, you can use this. Post your basic storyline and I could think about it annd post a workaround that incorporates two levels with a blue lightsaber.

I'm definately not splitting the level. I am going to go along with the stripped level idea. I'm not actually taking anything out of the level I've made already, I'm just adding less. It's a perfectly good level as it stands and I know people will enjoy playing it. I hope to put a beta round soon, so I'll know for sure then.

People won't even notice that it's been stripped down. I mean, nobody realised that BoaM3 was missing two sub-plots and a load of puzzles that I wanted to add in.

Originally posted by wedge2211

Couldn't you just load it as two separate mods? PARTY CRASHER PART 1 and PARTY CRASHER PART 2? That way, they would both be the "first" level.

I thought of that... but we'd end up with two short levels and it'll kinda destroy the flow between them.

Originally posted by Emon

1. AK, if you don't want Mace to use other weapons, can't you just lock the player's weapon to the saber, or did that cause problems? You could also blanket the level in nodrop as someone else suggested.

2. Yes, the saber is "set to blue", so to speak, at the start of each level, but I'm almost completely certain that's hardcoded, which we cannot change.

If Raven didn't want to bother making entities for many different functions and for mod making (expandability), they should have let us just make our own entities. :(

1. I'll try the nodrop... I didn't even know there was such a thing.

2. Mike told me it's definately hardcoded... the game was so rushed towards the end, they were unable to soft-code parts of it for the benefit of editors.

Everything is in place in the level now, but the error is still there. Basically all I have to do is keep removing sounds until the error disappears. Then all I have to do is finish the ending cutscene (it's in a seperate BSP), fine tune a few things, replace some stand-in lines and then wait for Toonces to finish off the facial boned Yoda model. Then the level will be released.

I've made a short trailer, it's not particuarly good but I might release it seeing as it's been weeks and weeks since I last released a screenshot.

Archived