Home

Weaponry

Temujin

Chris, thanx a lot for pointing that out.

Since nearly every weapon Kyle can already use in DF is a firing weapon (the officer's blaster is probably only a light-weight version of the imperial blaster and therefore not much better that Kyle's Briar pistol) I think that reduces the count of NPC weapons to exactly 1: the Gammorean Axe.

The use of this special weapon is very restricted, so Kyle certainly will drop it after a short time if he ever gets the chance to have it.

Nevertheless, a skilled Jedi Master may be able to cut blaster fire in two discharges in a MP game ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

erm... regarding the gamorrean, don't we have an issue with not having axe-swinging animations in _humanoid.gla?

I guess you'd have to make the gamorrean use lightsaber swings, which should be doable, I guess.

Corto's the expert on that stuff....

Gamorrean DFA with the axe!!!

:D

Originally posted by Jeff 42

An unbelievably inaccurate E-11 is also not consistent with the original game. Are you going to fix that?

Yeah, we are. We couldn't fix any aim issues for the demo as we had no source code. We do now, so that will be done at some point :)

I'd keep the charged up blaster shot; it's extremely useful when you're facing single enemies, and would also be the only long range weapon in the game. It might be different from the original game, but it'd certainly be a useful addition to DF had the designers used it.

Originally posted by Jeff 42

An unbelievably inaccurate E-11 is also not consistent with the original game. Are you going to fix that?

Just to reiterate what The_One said... Yes it's on my hitlist of things that need to be fixed. Since Blaster-related functionality is next up, I will probably address this problem this week, if all goes well.

...and StrongBad Rules!!!

:sbdance

Originally posted by Temujin

God damn, I started a HUGE thread... Oh well, I can see my own opinions being expressed by different people. I think the axe should be useable for the simple question (why not?):sbdance

a) The animation does not exist for the model (actually this is a problem with using the Gamorrean in the MP engine in the first place - we may have to just fake it)

b) It's not consistent with the original game (which is what we're trying to accomplish, within the irritating limits of the JK2 MP game).

c) It could potentially render the lightsaber cheat (admittedly, not consistent with the original game) useless.

In a nutshell, it's probably not gonna happen.

Hope this helps.

Just so you know, I'm against the axe aswell.

Some guy posted earlier in this thread, he liked that fact we are a democracy here at the DF MOD. Well, sorry bud, we are not ;) Even though the majority of people in the poll answered "Yes", I doubt this is going to happen. I really think it could mess up DF if we added this. And as Evan said, there are coding problems attached to using the axe.

Now, let me point out this doesn't mean we don't take any of the polls seriously, because, believe me we do. For example, the recent Corsucant one will be taken into consideration when the level is produced. But at the end of the day it is our mod, if we really don't want to do something we won't. Just because a couple of hundred people voted for it on the poll isn't going to make it happen. If the final mod is downloaded as much as the demo, then that gives us a potential 40-50 thousand players. 200 out of 50,000 is bugger all - and for such a controversial subject, I really doubt it will happen. On a poll such as the Coruscant one, there was never any big fuss struck up about it, so we will go for the Coruscant look you suggested.

Hope that clears a few things up ;)

Archived