Home

New civs for SWGB2

eizo131

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt this will last....

but I want to see the Yuuzhan Vong. I'm willing to sacrifice any other civ they would have added just for the Vong.

Kamino City: Whyy? They are already apart of the Rep.

Mandolorians: I don't really think they make up much of a civ. I think of them as a band of dangerous pirates mostly

i made a huge post about the VONG and how they should be a civ and tons of people bitched about EU.

however tons of details in SWGBs comes from EU.

VONG all the way!

i'd like to see the mon calmari!

a smugglers civ would be nice with a falcon for their UU!

i think they would have some rad crusiders with their unique natural designs.

and you could have their cruisers say "ITS A TRAP!"

Originally posted by angbandadmin

...i'd like to see the mon calmari!

a smugglers civ would be nice with a falcon for their UU!

i think they would have some rad crusiders with their unique natural designs.

and you could have their cruisers say "ITS A TRAP!"

I think, that the YT-1300 (Millennium Falcon) should be the freighter or transport, if there will be a Mon Calamari civ!

I think 4 civilizations is not enough. I am sure they are ways to get alot of units per civilization and still have at least 7 civilizations in GB 2. Possibly more! Most PC games come in two CD's. You can put alot information on 2 CD's. There is always a option to make PC games and put it on more than 2 CD's.

Hmm... I think that they need to include even more civ's! They could use some from EU. But, of course, the civ's have to be even more unique, than they were in SWGB!

Secondly:

originally posted by pbguy1211

being that there's only 1 falcon... why make it a regular unit?

The Falcon is a modified YT-1300 freighter! There are many of them!

I am going to give it a shot and revise my list again:

1. Galactic Empire

2. Rebel Alliance+Wookies+Ewoks+Mon Calamari

3. Galactic Republic+Kaminoians

4. Confederacy of Independent Systems+Geonosians

5. Royal Naboo

6. Gungans

7. Imperial Remanent

8. New Republic

9. Vong

10. (Hidden Civilization- Hutt Cartel, Black Sun Empire, or something else)

Listen up guys...

It's impossible to have 10 civs completly different. They would have to use microsoft's crappy engine again, which is relaying on upgrades to make the civ different.

IMO, that sucks. We want a game with differet civ... completely different civ... not the "GE can have repeaters and nabs can't"

Originally posted by joesdomain

1. Galactic Empire

5. Royal Naboo

6. Gungans

7. Imperial Remanent

8. New Republic

9. Vong

Dont you think youre putting a little too much pressure for LA,they couldnt even make 6 civs unique so wats the point of putting more of the same?

(IM not saying LA cant make great games (reb,jk2, maybe KOTOR)

Originally posted by another_trooper

Dont you think youre putting a little too much pressure for LA,they couldnt even make 6 civs unique so wats the point of putting more of the same?...

That's not true...There's 8 civs, but 2 of them are in a sequel :p!

Anyways...They could make more than 6, but they didn't have more than 6. At least not, if LucasArts doesn't want to use EU!

8 civs would be HARD to make unique. Just think about wc3 or generals : those game took forever to be released; however, each side is completely different. Wc3 was released in 2002 and they started in 1999/2000 - it took about 2 years to make.

If LA doesn't rip someone else's engine, we gonna wait for 4 years? not a chance...

I think more than 6 civilizations is doable. As long as they used all the movie units first and then fill in the civilization's lacking certain things with units from the other star wars video games and novels. Then not civilization has to have a certain type of unit. The Galactic Empire had a Probot as a scout. No other civilization had that. I always put pressure on LA. LOL! Just joking! I mean look how fast they made Jedi Knight Jedi Academy. It is scheduled to be released in fall 2003 after they released Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast in Feb or March 2002. I think Rogue Sqadron 3 is coming out sometime around the first of 2004. Don't quote me on the date, it was a prediction. I think Galactic Battlegrounds and it's expansion pack had good enough sales to warrent a sequel.

Originally posted by joesdomain

1. Galactic Empire

5. Royal Naboo

6. Gungans

7. Imperial Remanent

8. New Republic

9. Vong

I managed to talk to Garry Gaber about why more civs weren't added to the COnfeds and Repubs in the xp, and he replied by saying that they had planned for a Gangster civ, similar to what you had outlined with idea 10. Hopefully they might be in SWGB 2.

Archived