Home

RPG servers

RandomMonkey

Man, you picked the WRONG forum to go asking that... A lot of folks here despise RPGers in this game. I don't really have a problem with them, though I find it rather goofy to try and RPG in an FPS environment, but hey, long as you're obeying server rules... Other folks here, though, well, just wait and see. :)

Originally posted by Solo4114

Man, you picked the WRONG forum to go asking that... A lot of folks here despise RPGers in this game. I don't really have a problem with them, though I find it rather goofy to try and RPG in an FPS environment, but hey, long as you're obeying server rules... Other folks here, though, well, just wait and see. :)

I think that most people don't have a problem with RPGers per say (at least I don't). If there are RPG servers set up and that's where they play, no one minds. It's just when RPGers go to a normal deathmatch server and demand that people follow their RPG rules that people get pissed off at them. Also, many around here feel that RPGers made demands for changes to the game to try and make it into an RPG, thus ruining it as FPS. That's all.

I usually prefer going to role-playing games, or at least controlled servers with the saberist code in action. MSN Zone has some RPG servers, but most are laggy, since that's what MSN Zone is. :p

I might try out that server address posted earlier.

Hopefully the role-playing organization I'm in will change the Public Server to a Universal Public Role-playing server. If this does happen, I'll make sure I'll post the IP. ;)

I'm also quite eager to find some good roleplaying servers, that are not usually just hosted for 'one-night-only'.

Hey Hekx (You know me and my little organization hehe) We are thinking of getting a Dedicated Server for RPI and on it we will run _ _ _ Mod (I think you know which one) See my stepdad used to work with this Korean guy (who also sold me my computer aka my heart) and he owns his own LAN Cafe with a T1 line installed. Im really good friends with him ,since I helped him get his shop started,worked on his website for him,and even helped him get his Dedicated CS servers up.

He also said b4 even openeing the shop that he would host servers for me or my clan for free. Ill talk to him probly this week about it,but I might give him some cash for doing it for me....since our servers will have a lot of files on them (maps,mods,skins,etc) it will take up space on one of his comps,but I dont see that as much of a problem he has over 54 comps in that shop alone and I hear the shop is grossing in a lot ($1500 a day) I know what Im going to retire off of hehe.

BTW all RPI is a club not a clan anyone can join.

p.s. Hekx we are also hosting some discussions on that project on RPIs forums and Code would like you there as well to help with it. Im sure you know the url to RPI if not its RPI head to the forums for stuff....

Archived