Home

Enemy to Ally

WJTW

While changing Desann to become an ally, I discover that instead of a lightsabre, he now had a blaster rifle.

Following instructions, I changed, in the npcs.cfg file, 'Desann' to 'Jedi_Desann'. Sure enough, he had a lightsabre hilt on his hands.

BUT, the sabre refuse to be activated! I hear the sound of the sabre activating (even then, the sound only play when I do a Sabre Throw.), but no sabre come out. So, when he saw a stormtrooper, he is just swinging the hilt. From far, he would look really very silly.

I tried the same with a stormtrooper, only to realise that by changing 'stormtrooper' into 'reborn_stormtrooper' or 'jedi_stormtrooper', the game would not be able to spawn stormtroopers, because the game would search in vain for 'stormtrooper', and since 'stormtrooper' is now 'reborn_stormtrooper', nothing would appear.

Oh, the same thing happened. The stormtrooper did not have a lightsabre, just the hilt.

1) Is/are there any way/ways to allow the sabre to appear?

2) Is there anyway to have the game use 'reborn_stormtrooper' to spawn stormtroopers instead?

Any help would be appreciated!

WJTW

i dunno about that, but to get the jedi_desann to work, copy that part of npcs.cfg and paste in a .txt file. rename the file extention to .npc and name it jedidesann.npc or whatever. you should be able to now spawn him in SP using the "NPC spawn jedi_desann" console command.

No no no! Ne wants desann to have a saber! Is this a new map?

Yes? Good! Go to BehavEd.exe.

Give jedi_desann a targetname like "jedi_desann"

Drag in affect "jedi_desann"

Drag in set "set_weapon" "wp_saber" (Notice that sabre is spelt saber)

There! Youre done.

---------------------------------------------------------

No?

Ok then you will have to edit some sp scripts that come with BehavEd. The .zip is called SP scripts.

I think you've misinterpreted what I've said. I managed to get the sabre to appear. Actually, just the hilt. Te hilt is held in the CORRECT manner, and when I do a sabre thrown, I can hear the igniting sound of the sabre as my allied Desann try to protect himself from my throw.

Anyway, I've realised that a character with the class 'Desann' cannot be made an Ally, otherwise, he would not work properly. I turn him into a class 'jedi', then it worked.

I've renamed the stormtrooper 'rebornstormtrooper' and changed their class to 'reborn'. But now, since the game use 'stormtrooper' to spawn stormtroopers, the stormtroopers on the levels are never spawned because the entry 'stormtrooper' no longer exist.

WJTW

Archived