Home

The Attack on Yavin series(SP)

master_thomas

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thomas, be sure not to take the habit of making very thin walls (including ceilings). It will give you trouble afterwards.

Otherwise your mapping skills are improving. Just keep up the trend of reviewing your work and looking for places and techniques you could improve. It takes time, but is for sure rewarding.

I had one free day. Yesterday, I wanted to work, but I need some time to plan on the extended Bespin section of AoY2, so I started work on AoY3. It's coming along nicely, but I only have 46 entities and 117 brushes, so there's not much to take pictures of.

It's always a good thing to plan long ahead, but don't overdo it. You'll get maps release sooner, if you finish AoY2 and only then start AoY3. And that also makes sure you don't do any needless work, if you suddenly feel, while mapping AoY2, that something should be changed, something that would affect also the later AoY3. Well, I might not the right person to give this kind of advice, having released nothing :D But it's just a thought. Nice thing you are mapping as hard as ever.

Lighthouse_2 (Lighthouse topside, the last map of the three) has over 7000 brushes and something like 1078 entities. There won't be more brushes, as it's mapped architecturally completely, but some waypoints and cameras are going to add to the entity count, before I'm finished with the last cinematic.

Lassev, I did go through a major design change and I need to plan that out, but I suddenly have trouble mapping Bespin. I felt like doing something in which I wasn't bound to get it look like somthing that already exists. Everything in AoY2 is figured out, except for the detail placement. AoY3 is planned out as well and I decided to get some work done on that since I'm not doing anything for AoY2. Maybe during my vacation I'll get some inspiration for my Bespin and Imperial sections (one is like cloud city, the other looks like an imperial installation), which are all that's left of AoY2, big, though, they are, once I get to work on them, it'll go fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm back from my vacation, which was full of pain, boredom and returning to my house, which was full of flies. :(

I thought about the Bespin section. I decided the banquet room where Han Solo tried to shoot Darth Vader, some carbonite chambers, and I have a strange desire for a large extravagant room, but I don't know what exactly. I could use some ideas for that.

Well, I'm back from my vacation, which was full of pain, boredom and returning to my house, which was full of flies. :(

I thought about the Bespin section. I decided the banquet room where Han Solo tried to shoot Darth Vader, some carbonite chambers, and I have a strange desire for a large extravagant room, but I don't know what exactly. I could use some ideas for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, to those of you who don't know, I've been on hiatus. I was just opening radiant, eager to resume work, when I get "Warning: Line ****** is Incomplete [01]" in the status box over and over again. I waited 20 min. and it never opened. :(

I tried again and again and all that happened was that the number of the incomplete line (the ******) changed and it still won't open.

I posted this at jk2 review a week ago, but no one could answer.

The colour scheme on the forums here seems to be changing daily, but I kind of like the temporary upheaval!

OK, well you got the BAK file, and then the snapshot files in maps/snapshots.

Also, making sure you have a backup, you can open the map file with a text editor (say notepad) and look at all the lines, trying to find the problem. Could be something to do with the Worldspawn maybe? I accidentally deleted mine once and had to re-insert it with notepad.

Interesting. When I checked the .map, it didn't go up to the number of the line that was incomplete. Now, that I changed the bak to a .map, and checked it with wordpad:

"// brush 62

{

( 1911 257 -2321 ) ( 1923 257 -2321 ) ( 1911 1023 -2321 ) system/caulk 0 0 0 0.250000 0.250000 0 4 0

( 1923 257 -281 ) ( 1923 1023 -281 ) ( 1923 257 -2321 ) bespin/wall 0 0 0 0.250000 0.250000 0 0 0

( 1905 703 -3616 ) ( 1917 703 -1576 ) ( 1905 703 -1576 ) system/caulk 0 0 0 0.250000 0.250000 0 4 0

( 1905 577 -3616 ) ( 1917 577 -1576 ) ( 1917 577 -3616 ) system/caulk 0 0 0 0.250000 0.250000 0 4 0

( 1911 257 -2321 ) ( 1911 1023 -2321 ) ( 1911 1023 -281 ) system/caulk 0 0 0 0.250000 0.250000 0 4 0

( 1905"

(it still won't load)

And it ends there. I'm guesing that I need to somehow finish the last line and adding end-brackets below, but how do I finish it? I'll try a copy and paste first.

EDIT:

Okay; I fixed the line. It's starting up. Now for the moment of....

:eek:

"GTK radiant has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will have to restart the program."

:eek:

:swear::mad:

Okay, that might not happen again. One more try.

:eek::) :) :D:D

It worked!!! Thank you so much Kengo.

Why do I always forget about the .bak file. :rolleyes:

Archived