Home

The other 40% of JKIII, Idea's Thread

Saient

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

First thing is: Force Speed. In Single player that was the lamest force power ever. I have no problem about using it to complete a puzzle or whatnot, but the way it was the absolute best, no questions asked offensive power make it very frustrating. All you had to do was activate force speed and use a heavy swing and any lightsaber wielding enemy would be chopped in half before he could even ignite his saber.

All I can hope is that they either remove the slow motion force speed, and make it more like JK1s (uncontrollable high speeds), or else make it so that lightsaber wielding opponents ALSO use force speed to counter you (so that they move the same speed as you no matter what). I would be very sad if the developers left force speed the way it was, it really ruined an otherwise awesome single player experience for me.

You know...I'm pretty sure most saber wielding enemies do use force speed to equal yours. I loved using force speed vs. a load of stormtroopers, it just seemed to emphacise how amazing you were at fighting them in the game (towards the end they are hardly any threat even in farily large groups). Although it was a lot of fun, it definately made things a lot easier. Possibly making it shorter and using more force would limit its use to super rare occasions rather than allowing you to use it a LOT. It was very enjoyable, although strangely it didn't seem too useful when you were using guns (ala Max Payne) - I'd actually like it if it slowed things even more (at higher levels at least).

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

Really, I don't care how hard the boss fight is, as long as it's long (though some difficulty is hood. How is that achieved? How by trying something new, something different: MOVING Boss fights. I know, they'd have to contain some scripted parts in order to make them work, but it would be defiantly worth it. And FAR, FAR better then the pathetic boss fight at the end of JKII.

Imagine a boss fight where you move from room to room, jump across walkways and where your opponent retreats, changes attacking strategy, summons other NPC help, etc.. A Boss fight where you're not just hacking at him the whole time, but take breaks between the battle as you track him down through the level. We've advanced so far with what the developers can do in a game, but we have yet to have a really good boss fight in an Star Wars FPS. It would be so incredibly easy to make a truly amazing boss fight like this that I don't understand why it hasn't been done. Tell me, would you rather fight a boss in a small squar arena where you both just hack at each other until you win, or fight through a long boss fight where you move from room to room, where the boss reacts differently each time and does different things, where the boss fight ends differently every time you try it?

Whoah that sounds great :D I really liked the reborn in JK2, they made you use the lightsaber more :D As seen on the JK3 screens, you will encounter even more of them!!

But the real bosses were too easy. I think I enjoyed the first fight with the 2 shadowtroopers better than the one with desann. Tavion was OK, but if there would be an entire mission with one goal: defeat your opponent, I'd be very happy :D Maybe something like the ESB fight between Vader and Luke, in the carbon freezing chamber.

I really liked the yellow stance special in JO SP, where you flipped over your opponent, during duels. This added more realism to the fight, though unfortunately the move was modified in MP, so it was like the red DFA.

The Jedi vs Merc idea is heaps good, and I think it is good. Force Mod 2 is being developed, and Azreal, it's producer, has got some great ideas. Mercs have jetpack, stealth gear, jetpack and duel pistols. Duel pistols is a must.

Jedi, on the other hand, had all normal force powers, but could not use sheilds etc. Also, saber combat is improved, so double-bladed sabers could be chopped in two!

All this stuff is awesome and should be considered in JKIII!

Originally posted by CanadianSurfer

For real, I'm sick of newbs putting me to sleep for attacking someone who's saber wasn't up. I've even gotten kicked for fighting with MY OWN saber down.

Implementing this would cause spam of admin's. Keep it in the mod buddy.

Absolutely. The saber down = peace is getting out of hand.

And of course, all the admins out there are very responsible and always act as if they were over 12 years old :D

The saber down = peace thing is crap yes. I myself have my stance down a lot because it hides what i'm about to do next.

However the chat box was put in for a reason and chat killing can be avoided.

Originally posted by D3-

The saber down = peace thing is crap yes. I myself have my stance down a lot because it hides what i'm about to do next.

However the chat box was put in for a reason and chat killing can be avoided.

They didn't put the chatbox in to prevent chat killing.

Archived