Home

The other 40% of JKIII, Idea's Thread

Saient

Now that JK3 is the topic of discussion,

I decided to make a thread for people to share idea's about what could be changed to make JK3 different and better then JK2

It would be cool if you guys kept the posts about it being fake or not to the other thread.

Since the Raven guys are back on the forums this could be a key place for them to read a good compilation of ideas for JK3 from the community about some of the new things we might want in to be included in the game.

but in the end it's their call. some friendly feed back never hurt anyone but please nothing about the quake3 engine cause I for one am a big fan of it and so are the Raven guys more importantly

:)

PS: I haven't been posting in these forums for a good part of a year, and the fun on these forums for me is before a game is released. Once its realased Im too busy playing it :)

I also have no problems with the Quake 3 engine. I did and still do think that the graphics of JO are fantastic. I think it really captures the feel of the SW universe that I have grown to love, especially the SP game.

And I guess that leads into my feelings of what I'd like to see in "JK3". Since I think JO is a great Star Wars game, I hope Raven doesn't change too much. Hopefully it will just be tweeks and additions as opposed to alterations. Frankly, after reading the descriptions, most of the changes reflect exactly what I filled out in various serveys. Especially the "create your character" features. I am quite excited about this new addition to the Jedi Knight series.

A lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I hope this focuses on the singleplayer aspects. Personally, I have played this series because of the great singleplayer games. MP is fun, but I view it as secondary to SP. MP just doesn't capture the Star Wars feel for me, and really, that isn't it's goal. I'm not so concerened about becoming a l33t d00d as I am about spending a few hours in the Star Wars universe.

I agree I did love the Single Player of JK-II and I thought the MP could have been improved quite a bit to retain that starwars feel but I did enjoy FFA FF Gun servers and CTF servers the later probally being my favourite

a few ideas on that: In addition to CTF and CTY there should also be an objective based mode something along the lines of

Capture the Blue-Print Plan, and defend the leader

another twist on that would be having it classed based

a limit to Jedi's No shield No weapons

a limit to Bounty Hunters Shields and Jet Packs no force

so the jedi would be the only one to Force Trigger a switch to let the armies of StormTroopers and Republic forces continue ect ect, I think that would bring MP closer to the feel of the SW universe

as for the new saber control I can't wait to see how the two light saber fighting is implemented in MP if it is at all.

very exciting

Yeah SP is very important to me, JO is the #2 SP game for me, Deus Ex beats it, but not by far! So I hope Raven put big effort into the SP part of the game.

I liked the way the three stances worked (both MP and SP) and I hope those will come back in JK3, but in a tweaked version. I like the idea of a duel bladed saber, but personally, I HATE using two sabers, it looks rediculous :rolleyes:

I like the idea that 70% of the game you'll be weilding your lightsaber, it's what makes SW games so unique!!

saber.gif

Originally posted by Prime

A lot of people will disagree with me on this, but I hope this focuses on the singleplayer aspects. Personally, I have played this series because of the great singleplayer games. MP is fun, but I view it as secondary to SP. MP just doesn't capture the Star Wars feel for me, and really, that isn't it's goal. I'm not so concerened about becoming a l33t d00d as I am about spending a few hours in the Star Wars universe.

Originally said by :c3po:

I heartily agree with you.

If this creation is as great as stated, I may never finish SP. This will simply rock. I hope the plot is fairly realistic, with most characters continuing to wield single sabers. possibly improved playing with the computer (ie. play a whole level with luke). Maybe some penalties for 2 sabers or dualblades. Also, I hope we get to interact woith Kyle plenty, since he is the core of the dark forces series.

Originally posted by boinga1

Also, I hope we get to interact woith Kyle plenty, since he is the core of the dark forces series.

IIRC your character is supposed to be a student of Kyle's. So I suspect (and hope) that there will be a close relationship between the two.

Some things I would like to see in JKIII:

Improved saber combat. A saber system like ProMod's would be good.

A new team-based gametype with classes would be cool. However, do not make people choose between being a Jedi or a gunner in FFA. Some people seem to want this, but it is a terrible idea.

Keep the disruptor exactly as it is! It's my favorite gun in the history of video games and I don't want it changed in any way. :D

Keep Force Push and Pull, but make them less easy to spam. Maybe you should have to be targeting someone instead of just looking in his general direction.

Although I really liked JKII there's a whole lot I wish they would tweak for a sequal... most are just minor things that would have a major impact on the gaming experience for me.

First thing is: Force Speed. In Single player that was the lamest force power ever. I have no problem about using it to complete a puzzle or whatnot, but the way it was the absolute best, no questions asked offensive power make it very frustrating. All you had to do was activate force speed and use a heavy swing and any lightsaber wielding enemy would be chopped in half before he could even ignite his saber.

All I can hope is that they either remove the slow motion force speed, and make it more like JK1s (uncontrollable high speeds), or else make it so that lightsaber wielding opponents ALSO use force speed to counter you (so that they move the same speed as you no matter what). I would be very sad if the developers left force speed the way it was, it really ruined an otherwise awesome single player experience for me.

Second thing: Level Design. I actually thought the pre force power levels in JO would very well done, and that the doomgiver levels were also superbly well designed. But for the most part the levels weren't really all that large or fast paced. I liked the way in JKI and MotS that most of the time you're heading into NEW territory. The times that you did have to back track only gave a good change of pace. In JKII, however, the levels were in reality very small, and the only thing that kept you from plowing right through the game was the fact that in order to beat each level you had to do tons of back tracking into areas you already were in. I hope they include level design more reminiscent of JKI, I think it would really add to the game.

Third thing: Star Wars feel. Although some of the levels such as the Kejim base and perhaps Kairn Bay had a good Starwarsy feel to them, I thought that all the levels at large lacked the feel that JK1 and especially Dark Forces gave. In my opinion; MotS was similar to JKII in the fact that it lacked the same Star Wars atmosphere that JK1 and DF so masterfully captured. Levels like Imperial City (DF), Detention Facility (DF), Narshadaa (JK), Palace in Barons Head (JK1) all had, to me at least, a distinct Star Wars atmosphere. All of the other levels in both those games had it too, but the former examples stood out to me the most.

I think it was the textures, music and level design of JK1 and DF that gave it that feel. The Narshadaa of JK1 just looked more lifelike and had a greater sense of size and ambience than JKII. I can't really begin to find what it was lacking (maybe NPCs for one?). But I can only suggest that the developers look back to JK1 if they plan on adding another Narshadaa. The music also added alot to the original DF games because they actually played through entire pieces. I thought that the JKII version of playing music was (while technically superior) inferior to listen to. Maybe if the dynamic music system was tweaked and given some better tunes that it might retain a better atmosphere.

Now that I think about it one thing that might have given JKI and DF the atmosphere I'm speaking of is the fact that everything in the levels that you interact with have a purpose and 'history' given to them. A crane that you ride on in JKI appears to be used to pick up the boxes on the ground. The pipe ways of the Katarn homestead actually seem to have a purpose, and truely seem to be part of the function.

When you go through a level in JK1 and DF (and to some degree) MotS you feel that you're actually taking part in the landscape of a besieged rebel base, or a farmer's homestead, or a massive Imperial Palace. Most everything makes sense, it feels like it's actually made for certain functions, and you're just a bystandered passing through. In JKII you feel like you're in an amusement park set up to LOOK like an Imperial Base or a Hive of Scum and Villainy. Everything that you see is everything that you use. There's little just lying there or out of reach. A lot of the areas some ridiculously scripted. Such as switches that you have to press by jumping 100s of feet into the air, or a pipe that just happens to explode in a certain way when you get to a certain area. If the developers could take more time on polishing up the levels, adding more ambience and a better Star Wars atmosphere than JKIII would be truly amazing. They just have to remember; give the levels a reason to exist other than an obstacle course.

Fourth thing: Give the boss fights a sense of accomplishment and make them something out of the ordinary. The Boss Fights in JKII just seemed too ordinary and far too easy in comparison to, lets say, a 3 squads of stormtroopers. Too me Admiral Fyaar was actually pretty darn cool. Tavion was fairly difficult, but only because I didn't have the all powerful level 3 force speed when I fought her. Desann was ridiculously easy. I just felt kind of cheated when I beat him. I didn't feel that way when I beat DF, JK1 or even MotS (for whoever knows how it ends ;)).

Really, I don't care how hard the boss fight is, as long as it's long (though some difficulty is hood. How is that achieved? How by trying something new, something different: MOVING Boss fights. I know, they'd have to contain some scripted parts in order to make them work, but it would be defiantly worth it. And FAR, FAR better then the pathetic boss fight at the end of JKII.

Imagine a boss fight where you move from room to room, jump across walkways and where your opponent retreats, changes attacking strategy, summons other NPC help, etc.. A Boss fight where you're not just hacking at him the whole time, but take breaks between the battle as you track him down through the level. We've advanced so far with what the developers can do in a game, but we have yet to have a really good boss fight in an Star Wars FPS. It would be so incredibly easy to make a truly amazing boss fight like this that I don't understand why it hasn't been done. Tell me, would you rather fight a boss in a small squar arena where you both just hack at each other until you win, or fight through a long boss fight where you move from room to room, where the boss reacts differently each time and does different things, where the boss fight ends differently every time you try it?

That kind of thing has been done before, but on a small scale. I'm talking about Maw. What they did in JKI with Maw is exactly what I want the developers to do now, except on a larger scale. In JK1 Maw would retreat after you hit him so many times, and you'd have to follow him through the level. That's what I want, something where I'm not just engaging a boss in a tiny arena and slashing at him until he dies. It would be so easy to pull off and so incredibly cool if done correctly. With to days technology WHY didn't JO have something like that? Maybe I can hope that JKIII will have a real Moving Boss Fight.

Also, I wish they'd do away with the auto blocking. In my opinion having a reliable block, but forcing the PLAYER to initiate the block would allow for much more movie like battle sequences and add a ton more depth to saber fighting. I hate the way blocking is left up largely to chance. The devs should remove saber throw as a secondary attack and give us real blocking. The Saber throw could still be as a force power of course. However, I highly doubt this will be done, as they said auto blocking is still featured in the German article :(.

And one last thing: I hope they change the way the heavy stance works. In my opinion it makes little sense how the saber is swung soooo slowly. Why should something that is so light be so slow? Also, I think it's a little too powerful as it does heavy damage and knocks a block away. The Heavy stance just seemed to turn an otherwise cool cinematic experience into a jousting contest.

Anyways, just my thoughts. I think that if they were to actually fix all of the things I mentioned above (especially force speed), and added some of the features that I think would make the game totally awesome (such as moving boss fights and manual blocking) than we would have THE best Star Wars game ever when combined with all of the new additions and tweaks that JKIII offers.

The main thing that I want is a long, LONG single player... a branching story that has 3-4 endings, like Dues Ex. This way, when we finish it, we can go back and play it an entirely DIFFERENT way and have a totaly new experience. Heck, even make new maps and new levels for the different paths you take... replay value would SKYROCKET with that.

I personally think the dual sabers and double saber is a fantastic addition. I don't think either looks corney. This is probably the addition I was most happy to see.

Vehicles are a must - we got so AT-ST action in JO... give us more of that type of stuff!

I agree with the bigger level post above - it's fun to keep entering new areas with new puzzles and new objects... it's NOT fun to backtrack and go look at the same stuff over and over and over and over.

And that's about it... they character creation is a wonderful idea... the "take missions as you like" idea is also great. Maybe to supplement this idea, they could add several generic non-story related missions for you to take just for the fun of it/practice? Like maybe have to go into X building, stop remenant forces, rinse, repeat? Sort of like Freelancer, if any of you have played that.

I bought this game the day it came out and I have never even once played SP to this day.

Killing <hello> and blowing <hello again> up and <hello once more> with people what online gaming is all about.

So long as I can shove/throw people off ledges and slice them in half/blow them up I'll be happy with JK3.

Originally posted by shock ~ unnamed

I bought this game the day it came out and I have never even once played SP to this day.

Boy, are you missing out :)

Sounds like the levels are supposed to be much bigger and the story non-linear. As for the Star Wars feel, I thought JO (SP at least) did a great job...

Keep in mind, the game is well out of the pre-production stage.

This means any additions to the original conceived design that aren't saving development time could be construed as 'feature creep' and thus BAD. They have deadlines to make.

If you had a phenomenally easy to implement idea that also added to the game, there might be a slim chance of it getting tossed in. *might* being the key concept.

Even still, I wouldn't tell any of you to *not* toss out pipe dreams, undoubtedly Raven folks flip through most of the threads on here for kicks. I think the entertainment value of the boards would decrease signficantly if the crazy ideas that arent going to happen quit flowing.

To that end I'd like to suggest.....Jedi Infiltration!! Thats right, the ever popular SOF2 multiplayer mode done Jedi style. Think of the great analogs! Strifle = ak47 etc. Force powers for useable items! It's perfect I tell you! PERRRRRRRFFFFFECT!!

Ah, fkn ferget it =P

Hopefully some developers will read some of this and discuss it :D

Ok, first of all.

jedi knight needs a manual blocking system, and the system i'm thinking of is starting to get pretty standard in sword fighting games.

Normaly, when you arent doing anything, you are in a idling pose (like, holding the saber next to you with one hand or something) and when you press the block button, you put your saber up in a guard position, now you will block mostly everything. But if someone takes a swing at you, and you press the block button the instant he hits you, you will block him, and stun him for halv a second or something, where as if you only blocked, you would have stopped his first attack, but he would have been able to continue his combo.

Next, i mensioned an idle pose. This is where you simply arent doing anything, there should be a selector where you select from 3-4 idle animations (so not everyone will act the same). Because in movies, you never see everyone standing in a guard pose all the time, they only do it when they are getting ready to attack or

defend.

You should also be able to select the animation for you running, again 3 or 4 different ones.

The saber.

I like the idea of the way it is now, but the medium, light, heavy stance and special attacks is kinda silly.

There should be different styles, but instead of each style offering different speed and damage, they should

just offer different moves, like some styles being more fencing oriented and such.

And also, the moves you do with the saber needs more of that star wars galour! the swinging and pointless twirling the saber! Why? because it looks cool, i know it has little point, but it does look awesome. And the saber should be lethal, it is NOT a wooden sword.

The addition of two sabers, and double saber is a great idea!

Some thoughts though, There should definatly be some penalties for using either of them, like they cost more, harder to use, or something.

And when weilding two sabers, you should have the option to only use one of them.

With the double saber, maybe have an option where you dismantle them, and they become two? (Like darth maul did)

Better collision detection! when you both strike at each other, you should parry each others blows(if they meet offcource), not just go through eachother.

Instead of kicking people by "fliping" them, like in jk2, there should be a way to just punch them, or kicking them (With a real kicking animation this time), like they do so many times in the movies.

And maybe, if you wore hit too hard or you fall down great lenght or obtain damage somehow, you might lose your lightsaber, like it falls to the ground, and you can either pull it back to you, or run over to it, and automaticly pick it up.

When you take damage, you should get stunned for abit (lenght depending on how much you wore hurt)

Also, sounds abit sceptical, but maybe be able to pick up other peoples saber?

And if you hit the handle of the saber it becomes destroyed?

Force powers

First, saber throw!

I really hate the saber throw, it's made to easy to pull off, but anyway.

Throwing your saber should cost alot more force then what it does now, and if the opponent you throw it at blocks it at the instant it comes in contact with him, it should fall to the ground.

Force push/pull is ok

New force power, force throw? (As in, pick up objects, and throw/move them where ever you like) This could

maybe replace pull and push. (Or maybe be used togethor)

Lightning, I like the way it works now, except!

There should be half a second delay from where you press the lighting button, and he puts his hand up, untill the actual lighting appear (So players have some time to react)

Absorb, i don't like the way this works at all.

Absorb should work like it does in the movies, you press the button, and he puts his hand up. Say someones gonna throw lighting at you, and you se him putting his hand up, you press the absorb button, and you absorb the lighting by 'absorbing' it with your hand. And you should NOT gain force from it, you should lose force

aswell, but not as much as the attacker.

Grip, This works excelent, just a few notes.

Maybe better support for bashing someone against a wall or something? Like, you actually see them swinging

and bouncing of the walls. *cough* RAGDOLL *cough*

pushin\pulling\absorb\somethingelse should counter it

Healing, keep it the way it is but!

You should have to enter the kneeling pose when doing so, no matter how many skill points you put into it.

The more you put into it, the faster you regenerate.

And the regeneration should accelerate, starting slow and ending fast.

Drain, i have no idea how this should work.

I don't even like this power, but the dark side needs some way to get health...

Sight, this should not only show hidden people...

But should also show how much force they have, and/or how much hp they have....maybe how strong they are in the force, and what side they use?

Force pool

There should be a own thingy where you buy force powers where this one determines how much force you can store, say you start with 100, and can end with 300 or something at the end.

oh, You should have a voice menu like in unreal, where you can select alot of differnt taunts, gestures,

voice commands and such.

This was an email I sent Chris Foster a couple of days ago..

Hi,

First off let me reiterate that I completely understand you get these sorts of emails all of the time from people who think they know better, etc. I’m sending you this email which has nothing but comments and suggestions. They might be good ideas, they might be bad but I’ve been playing Jedi Knight2 since it came out, I’ve made myself a part of as many global jk2 communities as possible and I’ve spent months running the biggest JK2 Community in the UK and feel that I understand enough from a players point of view to comment about Jedi Knight3 so it doesn’t contain some of the flaws, abused features and mistakes that were made with Jedi Knight2 and the patches that followed.

I know that sounds like a slate but it’s not. Your team did an excellent job with Jedi Knight2 but as good as it was, there were flaws within the game which I feel could have been avoided if the game was approached with a long term view studying multiple scenarios of how it would have been played. Basically it lacked lastability.

I had planned to cover many different issues in this email but I've decided to cut the majority out and concentrate on saber combat. In Jedi Knight2 the saber combat became mundane very quickly. There wasn’t enough stances or moves to use, 8-10 stances each with perhaps 2 special moves would add increased lastability and gameplay in multiplayer and would potentially lower a persons ability to predict his/her opponents next move.

Of course I'm not naïve. I understand that flicking through ten stances could take up valuable seconds that leave you exposed so a new system could be implemented. A "quick flick" system where you have three bound keys on the keyboard, one for offense, defense and another perhaps for moves. Each of these categories has 3-4 stances thus swapping between them would be much faster.

Now I know this might sound very anti-newbie but people will learn it and what you have to bare in mind is that at the end of the day when game hoppers have decided to move on, only the hardcore players are left anyway.

When 1.04 turned the lightsaber from a lethal titanium melting weapon into a.. glowing baseball bat which couldn't cut through wet paper the saberist gameplay evolved into combos.

Combos were usually done in red stance, things like holding down fire as you were moving right then holding down forward at the end of the second slash which gave a third slash, all of this in the space it would usually take to do one heavy slash. It gave pros increased gameplay for a couple of weeks as they worked out / made up new combinations to fight with. Some "official" combos in Jedi Knight3 which would take people time to learn would be great.

With lightsabers it seems the best version of these from a gameplay point of view was 1.02. Looking at multiplayer gaming and how it’s taken off over the years you can see that gamers crave reality in games. Star Wars however isn’t real, but this leaves the gaming fans craving for the games to be as close to the movies as possible. This means lightsabers could cut through steal with a simple slash.. so when they go through a players body and only take 34hp it’s rather disappointing. Then again your left with the statistical fact that people don’t want to die by just being hit once.. This problem is fixed by applying a proper blocking system. Something that was never "really" done correctly in Jedi Knight2.

Kicking in this game has unfortunately, by some, been taken to the extreme. Most people see it as a move to counter other moves.. this is fine.. the problem is that it can counter everything so people constantly use it to counter everything. You yellow special, they kick. You red special, they kick. You miss them with a swing, they kick. You fall to the floor, they side kick, etc. Personally I’m pro kick but I can obviously see where the others who aren’t are coming from.

Some communities found that disabling the damage kick does often gave off a better fighting atmosphere within the game. People tended to use it less and only in situations it would truly benefit them and for people who used it just as much, well, at least they couldn’t kill someone in five kicks without even having to ignite their lightsaber.

Kicking is a feature that should defiantly be left in the game but instead of default damage being 20hp you may want to change it to inflict no damage.

Combat in the recent movies has been almost like a form of art. I was thinking about your saber locks which appear every now and then and that you could implement another similar system where it will suddenly appear like a saber lock but the two people involved will have to do a set of certain moves ( perhaps told in the instruction book ) in order to win. If they both do the moves they both come out unhurt, if one fails to do a move then the other persons current move doesn’t get blocked and instead hits thus causing HP damage.

Also you may want to add extra ‘movement combos’ to allow people to block, dodge and generally move in a much better and elegant way.

Are you familiar with Vulcanus Adminmod for Jedi Knight2? A wonderful piece of software I must say. Among other features I will be talking about later in this email it had one which allowed the admin to “explode” the head of someone breaking the rules thus killing them instantly and losing them a frag. Perhaps this could be implemented into the next game so if someone is typing, and they had a chat box over their head ( nice feature btw ) then the BASE game itself would kill the chatkiller for his action.

EDIT: Thinking about this it could be abused by someone on 2hp to simply hit the chat button when their enemy is about to attack thus using it to win the fight. Perhaps a time delay of 8-10 seconds of having the chat box up before the chat protection activates.

Move spamming. Mainly during the original game, before it was patched a lot of people used to constantly spam DFA ( Death From Above, the nickname for the Red Stance Special ). Now I’ve always hated energy bars.. take Day Of Defeat for example.. three or four jumps and your character is so out of breath you’d think he weighed 400lbs. However, an energy bar, like the force bar ( don’t mix this and the force bar together ) allowing 2-3 special moves before it’s depleted then recharges could be a good idea. It would stop move spamming, make people think out their actions before they do them and generally require more skill to play.

I read somewhere that the game was already 60% complete so perhaps I've sent this email a little late but these are ideas you really should consider for patch updates if not the released game.

Oh, and one more thing.. I read your doing Jedi Knight3 on the Quake3 engine again ( bit of a mistake in my personal opinion, if you could tell me why in your reply I'd be very interested ) and the Quake3 engine only supports IP banning.. is there any way an ID system could be put into place to make admins lives easier?

Cheers,

James "D33" Danbury

http://www.onlinegaminghub.net

From a multiplayer saberist point of view so this email prob won't interest the guns community :)

if they remove ALL random number generators from the saber combat system and replace them with true skeletal physics instead.. then I'll consider buying the game.

(I only played JO for a month ; when I realised the swordplay was based on random numbers, and not based on skill, then I lost interest in the game just like everybody else)

you can all remember that first play on jk2 with the lightsaber, it was really cool, learning all the moves and figuring out how to do all the different speical's and combos. but after a while saber combat got really really really boring, and not very fun. The flips in the game look really unnatural, you don't flip and the beginning of a jump, but at the apex of your jump. Jump up, then at the top flip and come back down, not jump and straight away flip and then go up and come back down. I'd like to see more 'cool' spinniny sort of moves, like you see the movies, ones where the saber is spinned around because the only bit of this in jk2 was the saber on/off animations. I' don't know if it's possible in the q3 engine but a realistic death thingy would be nice. What i mean is as instead of a couple of death animations (theres about 9 or something in jk2) the deaths just depend on where you hit then and how fast your/there moving, examples of this are hitman1&2

1) better sounds. hell, sample the damn movies for all i care. i think the sabre sounds need to be a little more adaptable.

2) hire artifex :D

3) ragdoll physics. death anims are dead, face it. ive had enough of corpses levitating on a step. ruins the atmosphere.

4) more interaction with environment. maybe like what maul does when he flicks the rubble onto the switch? this is especially important for MP duels

5) force the devs to watch all the movies at least once a day.

1) better sounds. hell, sample the damn movies for all i care. i think the sabre sounds need to be a little more adaptable.

2) hire artifex :D

3) ragdoll physics. death anims are dead, face it. ive had enough of corpses levitating on a step. ruins the atmosphere.

4) more interaction with environment. maybe like what maul does when he flicks the rubble onto the switch? this is especially important for MP duels

5) force the devs to watch all the movies at least once a day.

gah! double post! damn forum slowdown showing errors!

As a member of the gunning community, the patches that Raven released for JK2 just about killed the community. I really wish that they would consider the requests of the gunners when they release a patch. The 1.02 or 3 backstabbing madness killed the game from the gunners' standpoint. My two cents :)

Originally posted by Neko Lain

Hopefully some developers will read some of this and discuss it :D

I think you can rest assured that Raven will put exactly zero consideration in what you have to say :)

Not that your ideas are bad or anything, but because gaming houses almost never take ideas from places like this. Also the fact that the game is 60-70% complete means that all the features will have been decided upon and the implementation will be almost complete. You can only hope that what they decided to put in is what you want.

I'm sure you were just joking though about developers looking here :)

Originally posted by D3-

Are you familiar with Vulcanus Adminmod for Jedi Knight2? A wonderful piece of software I must say. Among other features I will be talking about later in this email it had one which allowed the admin to “explode” the head of someone breaking the rules thus killing them instantly and losing them a frag. Perhaps this could be implemented into the next game so if someone is typing, and they had a chat box over their head ( nice feature btw ) then the BASE game itself would kill the chatkiller for his action.

The day that happens is the day I openly support and promote server crash apps.

That garbage role playing mod is abused by noobie saber geeks enough as it is, to put that crap in vanilla JK3 will completely and totally eliminate any and all competitive players from this game.

“chat killer”?

Dude it’s a friggen action game, lighten up.

Let’s not get this “SABER OFF = PEACE!!!1111” crap going again people…

Hey Surf glad to see you around.

The comment about server crash apps was sarcasm but those garbage admin mods have no place in a retail game.

Chances are this game *may have a CD key as with other current releases like SoF 2 (from Raven).

If so all admins have to pray for is Punk Buster support.

With it they can simply ban a CD key and IP changing will ever get that person back into a server.

Archived