Home

Will we ever play as Katarn again?

The Count

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

For once I'd like to play Kyle as a full fledged Jedi that STARTS with powerful force powers (you can still add power progression without starting at ground zero).

I'd like to see that as well...

Originally posted by txa1265

- I read from Mike Gummelt that Kyle poses more gameplay than problems for them - this is because he is a fully developed Jedi with tremendous power. He just can't tumble back to zero for no apparent reason again. I resented the beginning of MotS starting so weak as Kyle.

-

Yeh, I hate the way in many games they have to put these contrived reasons for a character who ended the last game strong to become totally unskilled again. Apparently in the Metroid games this often happens for example. Another thing along similar lines that never makes sense - why do highly skilled operatives like Kyle always enter bases armed only with a rubbish pistol....I mean....that is silly really.

Silent_Thunder, great points made, but personally I think it's good they left some things open. Tavion for example seems a perfect possiblity for involvement in later games. I did feel they didn't show us much of the epic battle at the accademy you felt was going on, but with engine constraints they couldn't really, and the imagination is always better than what you can show I guess.

I quite liked the character development of Kyle in JK2, infact I found it one of the more interesting elements of the storyline that kept me interested. They certainly paid more attention to character than most FPS games do. His becoming an instructor seems a believable and potentially very interesting development, and will allow us to see him from a different viewpoint. Has he lost his edge a bit from the early games? Hmmm, I guess he's sorted out a lot of his problems.

Kyle being friends with Lando - whats so weird about that, everyone likes Lando! :)

Yeah, everyone likes Lando! He is the coolest other than Luke, Kyle, or Han.

Personally, I would think that there would be a cheat code in JKIII that allows you to gain access to Kyle's physical features. That wouldn't be so bad. It'd be a clone of him if you re-created him using the character editor! :D:D:D

Archived