Home

Star Wars:Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy

digl

Hey, I just looked at the official site again, and noticed this...

Unique tiered level selection allows players to choose their adventure and the missions they take based on the skills they need to become the ultimate Jedi Knight.

Okay...we all know you'll be able to choose missions pretty much at random, but what does it mean by being 'based on the skills they need to become the ultimate Jedi Knight'?

That seems to infer that certain missions will either allow you to unlock certain abilities...or you will need certain abilities in order to play a particular mission. What's other people's take on this? :eyeraise:

Going back off topic again...

I'd really be up for modding a DF prequel after I'm through with the Dark Forces MOD. I'm sure many members of the DF team would be up for it too - and we could all put our heads together and come up with a decent storyline ;)

I'm really excited now :p

Okay...we all know you'll be able to choose missions pretty much at random, but what does it mean by being 'based on the skills they need to become the ultimate Jedi Knight'?

That seems to infer that certain missions will either allow you to unlock certain abilities...or you will need certain abilities in order to play a particular mission. What's other people's take on this?

It is my experience that you should never read into these things too much, and wait for an explanation instead. As someone else mentioned, the site seemed to have been put together in a hurry - that much is evident, just look at the title bar, some of the paragraphing and grammar. To be honest 'based on the skills they need to become the ultimate Jedi Knight' doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Just wait for an in depth preview in a magazine, that's where I get most of my information ;)

Originally posted by StormHammer

That seems to infer that certain missions will either allow you to unlock certain abilities...or you will need certain abilities in order to play a particular mission. What's other people's take on this? :eyeraise:

I think it means that in a certain mission you can't advance unless you have level x push or jump or whatnot. At least I hope that's what it means. The idea of having a force power as a "reward" in the end of missions just basically irks me, like "to gain Force Push, you must beat this mission." That wouldn't make sense to me.

Posted by StormHammer

I'd somehow missed that bit on the main site... Bit of info you may not have seen from this GameSpot article -
In addition, players can even customize their lightsabers by selecting a specific hilt and blade color--though additional types of lightsabers, including the popular dual-blade lightsaber, will have to be unlocked by progressing through the game.
...So it seems we'll have to sing for our sabers :D

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

...So it seems we'll have to sing for our sabers :D

Well, obviously. It wouldn't make much sense if you could have ALL the sabers right away now would it? I took it for granted that you start out with one saber, and as you hone your skills and become a more skillful Jedi, you get another one and eventually the staff. (The staff could also come before the other saber. After all, who am I to tell? I ain't the one making the game.)

Originally posted by The_One

It is my experience that you should never read into these things too much, and wait for an explanation instead. As someone else mentioned, the site seemed to have been put together in a hurry - that much is evident, just look at the title bar, some of the paragraphing and grammar. To be honest 'based on the skills they need to become the ultimate Jedi Knight' doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Just wait for an in depth preview in a magazine, that's where I get most of my information ;)

Yes, you're probably right. :) Some things did change from the early info on JK2 to the time it was released, so this will probably be no exception.

Having said that...I wouldn't mind at all if playing certain missions unlocked certain powers...because then it would mean you could play in a different way and get X, Y, Z powers early on the next time around, which would mean you would have to change your strategies in other levels.

Wacky...I already read that bit about the lightsabers...but this seems to be talking about Force powers - unless there are actual skills in the game that we don't know about. :eek:

Posted by Rat Boy

Singing? What is this, Dance Dance Rebellion?

ROFL. :D

The idea of a respectable Jedi doing DDR... lmfao :lol:

Posted by StormHammer

Yes, you're probably right. :) Some things did change from the early info on JK2 to the time it was released, so this will probably be no exception.

Early on?! Good god man, it's sixty percent done!! :eek::D

Sorry, bit hyper about it... =D

Having said that...I wouldn't mind at all if playing certain missions unlocked certain powers...because then it would mean you could play in a different way and get X, Y, Z powers early on the next time around, which would mean you would have to change your strategies in other levels.
That would increase replayability exponentially :eek:

I have a sneaking suspicion that may be how they've done/are doing it, too... o.o

Wacky...I already read that bit about the lightsabers...but this seems to be talking about Force powers - unless there are actual skills in the game that we don't know about. :eek:
I reckon there just might be :D

This is going to be a very interesting development for the series, whichever way it pans out... I can't wait for more info :D

Is it just me, or is it getting like the old days again? When we were anticipating JKII, and having a right laugh at the same time. Since JKIII/Jedi Academy popped up the fun seems to be back again, let's keep it this way :)

Didn't you ever play those JK levels Empire and Rebel Nightclub? Ah, those were the days...

Posted by The_One

Is it just me, or is it getting like the old days again?

Not just you :D

(IIRC, you're ed_silvergun's brother, right? Whatever happened to him? He never made his return after the globetrotting trip... :()

When we were anticipating JKII, and having a right laugh at the same time. Since JKIII/Jedi Academy popped up the fun seems to be back again, let's keep it this way :)
I'll certainly try to do my part to keep it this way :):D

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

you're ed_silvergun's brother, right? Whatever happened to him? He never made his return after the globetrotting trip... :()

He's sitting in the room next door to me ;)

I'll try and convince him to come back, and get posting again. We need a force long post from someone - now there's something I haven't seen in a long time. I used to lurk over at Obi Wan for ages, I only joined here about a year ago, ironically that's just about when it all went to hell :p

Posted by The_One

He's sitting in the room next door to me ;)

I'll try and convince him to come back, and get posting again.

Yay! :D

There are quite a few oldbies crawling out of the woodwork of late - it'd be great to have him back :D

We need a force long post from someone - now there's something I haven't seen in a long time.
Well, Stormy and Kurgan are about again, so we might well see a good one before long :D

I used to lurk over at Obi Wan for ages, I only joined here about a year ago, ironically that's just about when it all went to hell :p
LOL

I can only feel sorry for you - it was awesome up until then, but it (naturally) when downhill like a lemming off a cliff :(

I hope it's a bit better this time... If we can get more oldbies back, it might just cow the newbs into submission, and stop at least some of the whining that we had last time from recurring :D

Game forums always go to hell the minute the game is released. You get a ton of people logging on to complain about something or other - usually "w00t. multlipayerr is f00kzed, my beard is Wr0ng! teh n00 patch sucks0Rs".

The fun is in waiting for the game ;) I've seen it happen on a load of other forums too.

Archived