Home

Prequel MOD

StormHammer

Something that Rich and I have mentioned elsewhere is the possibility or potential to make a Prequel MOD at a future date, starring Kyle Katarn before he gets his Force powers (before Dark Forces). I was wondering who else thinks it's a good idea.

I'd also like to offer my services to collaborate on any potential plot.

Has been done before by AK Piggot for MotS.

Called Birth of a Mercenary and it was such a smash, that it spawned a sequel series (which has yet to be concluded... :( ) called Tales of a Mercenary.

So basically, that would be cool to do. The story was loosley based off the facts.

I think that would be cool, showing Kyle leave the Empire, or those 5 years between he left and DF.

I think that would be an awesome idea. Would you use the textures you are for this, or just telling us DF fans? :confused:

Originally posted by Katarn07

I think that would be an awesome idea. Would you use the textures you are for this, or just telling us DF fans? :confused:

It's just streamers in the wind at the moment...but if people are really interested (including the MOD team), I reckon it could happen. Let them get Dark Forces out the door first, though. ;)

I'm really up for it once I'm through with this MOD.

But, what's to stop some people throwing some story ideas round and coming up with a decent story - we could pull in all the best writers for it, then people with a good understanding of games could convert the story into a game script.

Then, those on the team who would want to stay on and do this project would work from the script.

But, as Stormy said, it's all just talk at this stage. What does everyone else think?

Could I help out with the story if this ever comes to pass?

I have a written a fanfic that is actually a prequel to the entire DF/ JK series in terms of a certain Dark Jedi from JK. It is found here and is not finished. It does not contain any characters from JK yet, but I have the outline in my desk in my room and at the very end of the story there will be cameo appearances by two characters you both know.

This contains the very end of the story, so don't read it if you don't wanna know how it turns out, but then again, I may never get it out :(

I was planning on having Yoda consult two Jedi Knights (Qu Rahn and Jerec) on the situation of the lost planet of the Valley of the Jedi and whether or not it truly exists...

Well, I know that doesn't prove I can write a plot for a game, but... I would like too. Also, if this ever comes to pass, what are the chances of this being for JA? There is talk of civies and all this talk of vehicles...

I understand this is far in the future if it will be done, but go here.

Read what Chin has to say.

Jan can be freed from her imprisonment, Kyle can work with a Trandoshan group known as the Ssisks and get into a big fight with them, Boba Fett can have a brief cameo (the manual says that both Kyle and Jan had "run into this joker before") and tons more.

I had to check that site out for that concept art! Can't find it there. Oh well, back to Google...

Archived