Home

"Friendly Fire"

My regrets go to all those killed when the two helicopters collided, the helicopter that was shot down, killed by the grenade thrown in the army camp or accidentely bombed. RIP :(

That's that over with.

In Afghanistan why were there so few cases of friendly fire and accidents. I don't want to offend anyone but this on the military's side is just plain stupid. More Allied soldiers are dying not on the front, but becuase of rediculous accidents. It is killing soldiers who have not yet killed and lowering morale (trying to see the other perspective ;) ) . I say this must stop. I am still not supporting the war but I just can't stand this level of clumsiness (or in the soldier-throwing-grenades case, madness).

Comment

Personally, I think friendly fire accidents have been happening for as long as war existed. The only reason we know more about it now is thanks to the media and their extensive coverage of the war and their accurate details about the number of people dying and how they did. Everything is more chronicled today than it was before, which is probably why we never hear about friendly fire accidents in the past.

It may also be due to the advanced technology that we use today compared to the swords and rifles of long ago. As is said, "The more things there are going on, the more things there are that could go wrong."

i think a lot of the friendly fire accidents that are currently happening are because we're being too cautious in terms of civilian casualties. we aren't going in balls to the wall like we did in afghanistan.

not to mention there ALWAYS seem to be chopper accidents... i dont know why, but there are so many. it's sad.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I am just surprised as too why they call it "freindly fire". The way I see it, if you discharge any kind of a weapon, how could it possibley be considered "freindly"? :confused:

Well, they don't call it "freindly fire" silly...

they call it FRIENDLY fire :D hehehe just busting chops, i'm not really one to correct anyone's spelling

Archived