Home

The Dixie Chicks

Darth Groovy

Originally posted by InsaneSith

i say bush is an idiot and they are right its ashamed he's from texas he makes us look like idiot's (though most people who are like thracken live here so most are) he declared war on iraq with no real proof...

Did you even read any of the posts on this thread or are you just using this as another place to voice your opinion about Bush? You don’t need Bush or Thrackan (who I think is a genius by the way) to look like an idiot. You can do that all on your own:Dj/k

You have every right to tell people how you feel about Bush and so does the fat girl from the Dixie Chicks. But you can't keep shouting "freedom of speach" and then say people don't have the right to disagree with you and the fat girl from the dixie chicks.

...and they can say what they want. they have human rights just like me and you. who the **** are you to take it away from them?

Who is taking away their rights? I'd honestly like to know. You’re not talking about people boycotting the Dixie Chicks are you? If people want to boycott something, then that is just freedom of speech through action baby. Who are you to take peoples freedom away from them by telling them they have to buy Dixie Chick albums?

I actually had no problem with what they said........the thing that made me lose respect for them is when they publicly appologized for what they said......i mean, if they really think he's dumb then they think he's dumb. But they need to stick with their opinions and not just change it because they're going to lose money because of it.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if their record label persuaded them to apologize. Funny things happen with artists that are over seas when they start talking. Has anyone ever seen Great Balls of Fire?

Basically when Jerry Lee Lewis was at the top of the charts, by the time he hit England, rumor leeked out that he married his 13 year old cousin (all together now, EEEEWWW). Well the big lunkhead was questioned about it, and went against his manager's wish to keep it under wraps. He was booed off the stage, and upon departing England, basically told the entire country to kiss his ass. His career collapsed soon after, despite a persuaded public apology from him by his record label.

Originally posted by ioshee

Did you even read any of the posts on this thread or are you just using this as another place to voice your opinion about Bush? You don’t need Bush or Thrackan (who I think is a genius by the way) to look like an idiot. You can do that all on your own:Dj/k

You have every right to tell people how you feel about Bush and so does the fat girl from the Dixie Chicks. But you can't keep shouting "freedom of speach" and then say people don't have the right to disagree with you and the fat girl from the dixie chicks.

Who is taking away their rights? I'd honestly like to know. You’re not talking about people boycotting the Dixie Chicks are you? If people want to boycott something, then that is just freedom of speech through action baby. Who are you to take peoples freedom away from them by telling them they have to buy Dixie Chick albums?

im just saying why do you condemn someone just because of what they say i didnt say to stop saying your opinion (just get all the facts and understand the person before you state them)

im just saying why do you condemn someone just because of what they say i didnt say to stop saying your opinion (just get all the facts and understand the person before you state them)

That's true, you didn't say to stop talking. Good point.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

A: Californian police like to beat people(Rodney King!) and

B: Bush is probably making the police do such acts.

C: Many rioters use demonstrations as cover, and the demonstration organisers are usually too thick-headed/unwilling to realize this and instruct the demonstrants in what to do if trouble starts (it's really simple; sit down en masse, that way you clearly mark who's causing the trouble (my guess would be the guy holding the molotov), and make it relatively easy for the police to make a targeted arrest).

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

In other news, the rock band System of a Down was arrested to day on counts of conspiracy. The middle-eastern lead singer has been known as a Taliban spy, and the song 'Boom', the anti-war song, contains subleminal(SP?) messages to the terrorist orginization and to their listeners, turning them into would be assassins.

Known or suspected? 'Subleminal messages'? U sure it's not 'encoded messages', meant to activate 'sleeping cells'? As far as I know, subliminal messages are not possible.

Now I'm no pro-Bush flag-waver, but I think that that last part deserves more looking into before you use it to discredit el Prez.

Archived