Home

Are JK2 maps compatable with the JK3 game?

OneWingedAngel

Originally posted by OneWingedAngel

I was reading an article about Jedi Academy, and it said that it was going to use the JK2 engine. So if this is true, does that mean that the maps can be used for both?

Actually, they are using an even more heavily modified version of that engine to make JA. In the recent PCGamer article, they stated that they have largely moved to outside 3D applications to render models - including terrain - and are then importing them into the engine and tweaking them. There seems to be less reliance on brushes. How this will affect levels made for JK2 is not known at this time, although Raven have also said they will be working on providing the necessary tools to enable modders to make their work more compatible with JA. As soon as we get some concrete info on that, we'll be sure to post it.

Welcome to the forums, BTW. Have a chocolate Jedi Medallion...

jedimedal2.gif

:D

Originally posted by OneWingedAngel

I was reading an article about Jedi Academy, and it said that it was going to use the JK2 engine. So if this is true, does that mean that the maps can be used for both?

Three words: I hope so.

I'm starting a series of maps (look at my signature) and it probably won't be completed until JA is coming out. Many will be preoccupied with that, so my maps will be slightly ignored unless they are on both JK2 and JA.

I was really worried. I've been working like crazy on my map for bout a month, and I'm getting no where because of a glitch. I was concerned that by the time I finished everyone would have lost their JO disks and be playing JA, but now I know I'm not in a hurry. Thanks guys.

Archived