Home

Strategy Thread

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SE_Vader: It depends on what you're up against.

Praetorian: Get him to go Random if he can't decide. I always play random, unless there is a civ I haven't played for a while. It seems like the randomiser (on my comp at least) chooses Republic and Wookiees more than the others, so often there will be a civ I haven't played for ages (it seems to choose Naboo and Confederacy the least).

He likes the wookies and republic, but the problem is the fact that I am usually against another guy who plays empire when I'm w/ the guy who can't decided. Empire's Dark Troopers mow down troopers, and both wookies' and republic's main ground force is troopers.

for each civ? well... up to t3 they're all the same. then you get your unique units. Naboo should stick to air and jedi. Rebels, troops and air (speeders are BIG vs mechs). Wookies have good everything. Republic: troops, air and jedi. Gungans, troops and mechs. TF, mechs. Confeds, troops and mechs. empire, mechs, h. weaps. and troops (DTs).

In tech 4? Keep in mind it's all economy based and nothing will beat a strong, balanced force with ease.

Emp: Walkers, AA mobiles, Mech Destroyers

Rebs: Mounties, Speeders, A wings. Masters if you can afford them.

Naboo: Masters... Crusaders, Strikes.

Wookies: Troops, Air and Mechs + H Weaps.

Confeds: Troops, Mechs, H Weaps.

TF: Mechs, Heavies.

Rep: Jedi, Air, Troops (because they build so fast.)

Gungans: Troops, Mechs, Heavies.

Well, obviously wookies have the strongest troops. with heavies being big as well.

i think fighters are fairly useless unless they're in mass and FU'd

a few AA mobiles can eliminate your air pretty fast. some dude fast t3'd me today and did an AIR RAID with it... bad idea. so i trooped his carbon guys, took out his power core to his airbases, and used aa troops on his fighters. he resigned shortly thereafter.

i think only the unique air units serve any real purpose.

starfighters for scouting and occassional raiding. a wings for trooper raids/strikes. and speeders as defense for mechs.

fighters kinda suck and cost a lot to make FU.

Fighters? Suck? Wow, we have different ways of playing the rebs. An air attack supported by a t2->t3 rush by troopers is devastating. In t3, aa is incredibly weak and quite inaccurate. A tiny fleet of fighters can handle most of the aa troopers that they send at you, esp with ground support. Bombers make for crucial t3 seige, especially for air strong and heavy weak civs like the naboo and the rebs.

yeah, but in t3 all air and troops are the same.

i like to use troopers in t2 to attack your carbon guys. regular troopers are cheaper than aircraft... THEN after troopers i send in a bunch of mounties to get your power cores and turrets. followed by another wave of troopers. getting the power core is key. the thing is to get the other guy BEFORE T3 when they can access mechs and fighters. most people dont realize the power of a mounted trooper either. support them with troops and it's all good times for you!

i like to use troopers in t2 to attack your carbon guys. regular troopers are cheaper than aircraft... THEN after troopers i send in a bunch of mounties to get your power cores and turrets. followed by another wave of troopers. getting the power core is key. the thing is to get the other guy BEFORE T3 when they can access mechs and fighters. most people dont realize the power of a mounted trooper either. support them with troops and it's all good times for you!

Yeah, that tends to be the most popular strat, although I usually sned the troops and mounites together. One unit armies are never smart.

Archived