Home

Strategy Thread

lukeiamyourdad

Sometimes i never build a troop center. I get to t3 fairly fast, and usually i don't get rushed. That's what i count on. If i do, i will survive. (but it will probaly lower my score and seal my death).

If i'm not rushed by mounties, which require more attention than troopers since i always have turrets, than i can seek minerals more at ease, and build a padawan who manages to snatch at least 2, usually 3 or 4 holocrons.

Has anyone had something similiar to this---(it requires dumb enemies) The host did not lock teams, it was 2 players versus me. DM forest t1. They rushed in t3 and i was overwhelmed.I went with an air transport to clearings in the forest, totally isolated. They cussed me out and ordered me to surrender (not sure exactly what their roblems were) arings in the forest, totally isolated.

Instead of trying to find me with fighters, they messed around with their bases and i built up a huge base riddled with turrets and FU assualt mechs (was confeds).

To sum it up, they finally found me, i slaughtered their attacks, and destroyed their bases. They had a few workers left and begged me to let the workers live, I switched them to ally then blasted with an air cruiser.

Someone have a turnaround like this (requires stupid enemies)?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can only expect not to get rushed if you got the pocket in a 3v3, but even then, you should expect an attack around early t3.

Yeah, pbguy, maybe thats why I had more carbon workers early on. For the troop center and PC and troopers. I would advance slightly slower, but the chances are I'd hit you before your second troop center went up.

thats what i will host...they wont cost anything as long as the guy who wants to be trained is a serious RMer...i might not be the best of the best, but i am low expert for sure if not better, and i could help the inters and rookies a lot...if interested, post here...if not well...dunno...maybe go nose-picking

YES! NOVA IS IMPORTANT IN TECH 1.

Here is a good stragety on getting resources quickly...

1.Send you workers, working. one make a prefab the other two build a food prosseccing center next to muja bushes.

2.Click on comm. ctr. and create 4 workers.

3. select your scout and hold the shift key down, and right click all over the mini map. the release shifth key and right click once anywhere. Now you scout will go to all those locations.

4.The first worker that mad prefab, send to collect carbon by nearest tree.

**NOTE** dont ever stop making workers. Workers are the main unit in this game. the moment you run out of workers you are already slowly DIEING!

5.Build a troop ctr. or two and make about 6-8 troopers

6. create a worker evertime you reach 50 food. Have about 28-30 workers before tech 2. Thats about 8 Farmers, 12 carbon collectors, 4 nova collectores and 4 ore collectors. Then advande to tech 2.

-Tech-Level-2-

1. create about ten more workers. have about ten farmers, 20-22 carbon collecters, 5 nova and 5 ore.

2. As soon as you reach tech 2, build a temple and a spaceport, then advance as soon as you can, collect the holo's and a get Holo net at space port(only for team playin).

-Tech-level-3-

Build 1 air base and create 4-6 fighters and send them to **tech level 2 or less;enemies.

Build a fortress and another command ctr. and advance to tech 4. The Reason for this is so you can create workers during tech 3 to tech 4. This is good incase your getting invaded during your advance.

Now, I wont say anymore because I'm writing this to get you resorces faster, not how to counter strike enemies. You create your units how you like. Make up a good stragety.

**tips**

-Bounties by the 100's can make a good offensive.

-Workers! you cannot Stop makin workers, my last game I had 104 workers out of a 175 pop. Once you have all the resources kill about 1/4 of them and create an army.

-When Playing in Precipice map, Block the Fords with 3-ply walls, this will keep out grounds forces. Great Tatic. If you have problems with a trooper rush, this is your answer. here is some simple steps...

1.On the shallows, build a sentry post.

2. Block the river with 3-ply walls( or 2-ply if your cheap).

3.If your in tech 2, build another 2-ply wall with turrents. When your tech 3, build a fortress behind the walls and whatever is left from your turrents. Build a sheild and a power core and your good for hours.

if you want to see this in action. Reply your zone name here and we will play some time. Im online from about 9pm-12pm EST.

- Rebel Lagging Out©:biggs:

building troopers in t1 is pointless.

use the food to get to t2

as soon as you get to t2 get the food and carbon upgrades.

upgrade to troopers

make troopers...

build a war center and get the trooper upgrades.

start on nova sometime in t2

make a second troop center, research adv mounted troopers

send a wave of 10 troopers at your enemies carbon workers.

start making mounties and more troopers

make a mech factory.

send a second wave of mounties and troopers

send the troopers at the carbon workers again and send the mounteds at the power cores and turrets.

when you advance to t3, get the carbon upgrade and food upgrade

make a second CC and strike mechs, or if you're enemy is at t3 first, mech destroyers.

KEEP ATTACKING THE CARBON WORKERS!

then make your other 2 T3 buildings to get to t4

Ok Listen, The enemy/computer creates troopers in tech 2 and upgrades them as they go to the enemies base.

Make the troopers in tech 1, upgrade in tech 2. and secondly,

Troopers are not that good, you should rely more on mechs and air before you do troops. Dont get me wrong troopers are good, but not the best.

No no no, You kill Food workers first! If you stop there food production, you stop there worker production leaving them hopless. Never carbon first, second maybe but not first.

start on nova sometime in t2

Way too late, way. You need nova for a jedi to get the holo's. those Holocrons are very valuable, the enemy/computer is not gonna let them sit there till you get a jedi. Always.

Now im not saying your strategy is bad, just it could be more

Orginized

You should decide what buildings first, what upgrades first.

And

as soon as you get to t2 get the food and carbon upgrades.

Way too late also, upgrade as you go. what , its like 100 carbon, thats not bad, 5-6 workers can get that back in no time at all.

The time the enemy has troopers at my base, I have troops and turrents, and not only that, the computer cant get to me most of the time. Block the ford!

Block The Ford

I will build a troop center if there's players who have higher scores, faster to tech levels.

But when you are are playing rookiees and you have good allies, a troop center isn't as necaserry. I have turrets to take out 3 troopers or so if they did manage to rush with them.

Rebel Spies, did you just tell someone that they should upgrade when they are going to t2!!!???

You can only research basic training in t1.

Starting on nova in t2 isn't death. Holocrons are an alternative strat;some people will win before they experiennce nova loss that the holos couldn't have ompensated.

This may not be... strategy, but do you just build buildings wherever, or do you organize it somewhat? Me, I usually build stuff together. like groups of prefabs here and there, most of my Miitary buildings together with a power core, my fort in a good position to help cover my base, and my research places/spaceport together with a power core....

i use forts as D... mainly for the AA turret is posesses (sp?)

in the begining i try to get as many building under a powercore for the sake of not spending 200 more carbon on one.

prefabs i like to keep out of the way. sometimes i make them to protect a powercore.

a spaceport? what's that? j/k :D i make mine sometime in t3. i'd rather use the carbon for a troop center or more troops and the nova for the holonet to make mounties.

my strats are on the link in my sig (longest post). sorry i dont have time to transfer them. anyways nice to see luke's dad finally got this thread up. and id like to add the discussion by saying a few things other than whats in my link.

Nova is something useful for tech 2. same for ore. without ore you cant have walls which are very useful as defense (duh...) without nova half your upgrades are out of the picture. another thing i prefer to take opponents out after ive researched every possible tech. why? because then i lose the least units and spend the least time making them and whiping out the enemy. plus i find it much more fun taking them out with more types of units and playing longer. im not much of a rusher but i could do it.

the point of having troopers at t1 is so you have some kind of defense if you get attacked before reaching t2. its better to have something rather than nothing.

oh well that's my 2 cents. well see you for now (probably wont be on for a while) :cry9:

You build walls?!? Sorry, but I was taken aback. Nova and ore dont become important until t3+.

No, Allied Commander, you can't go heavy on nova early on, and you definately can't neglect troopers. That is SWGB 101. Troopers are your lifespan. I go most games without building a mech factory or a heavy factory.

pbguy, building troopers early does put back you teching time (I think I went around 10 minutes), but you get an army very early. By the time you get your troop center up, most of your carbon workers will be dead. You were right in assuming that speed is everything, but speedy military is what is important

what's wrong with walls? walls are very important. they slow down attacks considerably. i mean i could muster up plenty of forces by the time someone broke through if i didnt have any defenders. ore is important! nova is very helpfull when upgrading! i mean upgrading goes before attacking always!

Yes it is different vs human players. Walls are wasting time and ressources and don't slow the enemy enough. He can simply send aircrafts to go over the wall(d'uh). It's quite useless vs air strong civ and even with more ground oriented civs, I never use them.

Getting nova and ore early on slows down your econ and wastes a few early workers on a ressources that aren't all that useful.

yeah mounties can rip through medium walls. i mean later on with sheild walls it still takes at least 1 minute even for pummels. by then you can collect your forces at that area. after the attack is done you can go back and destroy damaged walls and rebuild since they're so cheap. anti air is the solution to air masses. if you have them air attacks will have to stop and take out the turrets while you collect your anti air units.

Archived