Home

The Getaway

whitedragon

I rented The Getaway for PS2 the other day. It wasent quite what I expected it would be (I expected it to be a british version of GTA: vice city) But it still is a good game over all. What I would have liked in the game would be the chance to explore London but you never get the time or reason to do it. This game makes me want to talk in a British accent for the whole day unfortunitly I sound like a Beatle every time I try. This game really makes you feel like your actually in London because every character talks in such a thick accent that (Being the wopper loveing American i am) I can barely understand what they are saying (even with subtitles on :p).

Whos played it? What did you think?

You can unlock free roam mode,the only thing I didn't like was the fact that you can bump your car into something twice and then it starts to go really slow and you have to get out and steal a new one. really annoying when your in a getaway lol.

:edit: oh and you can't skip cutscenes :mad:

Free roam code

Free roam mode and all extra features:

Press Triangle(3), Left, Square, Triangle(3), Left, Circle during the FMV sequence that plays before the main menu appears. The sound of a woman groaning will confirm correct code entry. Repeat the code to disable its effect. You will now be able to go to the extra features menu and view the credits and play in free roam mode.

from http://www.gamewinners.com/noframes.htm

I was expecting something just the same as GTA Vice City but i found a game that kept all the good points but played in a very different way. its a lot more realistic than VC but thats a advantage and disadvantage really. the ability to heal by resting on a wall is very interesting and adds a different perspective to the game.

the most strange thing is the way that the police start chasing after you. its great when you can turn a corner and theyre gone but sometimes you drive slightly over into the next lane and then the police start chasing after you! and sometimes they just keep on chasing because you cant shake them off. that bit got quite annoying.

overall, a very good game that offers a refreshing variation to the usual GTA format. some of the changes are welcome, some are annoying at times.

Originally posted by $am

Free roam code

Free roam mode and all extra features:

Press Triangle(3), Left, Square, Triangle(3), Left, Circle during the FMV sequence that plays before the main menu appears. The sound of a woman groaning will confirm correct code entry. Repeat the code to disable its effect. You will now be able to go to the extra features menu and view the credits and play in free roam mode.

from http://www.gamewinners.com/noframes.htm

oj thanks alot. now im going to have to use cheats :p

Archived