Home

Question about crafters

Stiffler

Originally posted by Stiffler

Holo said that crafters earn experience only when the item they make is used. And he used a chef baking pies as an example. What if a crafter used his own product? Will he still gain experience?

Probally not, as using the item your self would increase lets say your marksman skill, when the skills you got are in the crafters group. :)

Originally posted by Wraith 8

well i think it depends on what it is... if you have crafting skill to make a blaster.. and then you USE that blaster to get marksman skills... i think you get experience both ways:D

Hm, wouldn't that be a tad exploitable?

What I have said from the beginning is 2 things.

1. Crafters should only get a set amount of XP per item they craft. Whether they use the item or another uses an item, it still should give them the credit, but the XP they get should be limited per item. In other words, each item should only give a set number of experience points, total to the creator. For example a crafter makes me a blaster. Every 5 times I use the blaster he gets "1 XP", up to a total of 20 XP.(the numbers don't really matter here because they are not relative). After he gets the 20 XP total, he receives no further experience for my use or any other use of the blaster.

2 Crafters should only get experience while they at the same skill level of their product. Once a crafter advances to the next stage up a tree, he should no longer receive any experience for use of a lower item. In this example say a crafter makes 20 blasters, just before he is about to raise the skill path for those blasters, another step up that tree's ladder. He then gives these blasters to a bunch of noobs for free. Now he has 20 people getting XP for him. Once that skill gets enough XP to advance, the crafter should get no more XP for that product. Other wise you would have a crafter crank out a fairly easy item, just be fore he levels and get huge gains on his skill tree at a whole new level. This would totally unbalance that particular profession/s and give combat classes no similar chance of advancing. If it was that way a high level Marksman/Rifleman could get high xp for Auto attacking a bunch of one-shot newbie creatures. It would be like a 50+ level character killing Rats just outside of town, in EQ.

Archived