Home

Doom III Trailer from GameSpot

Well, I've seen a recent Doom 3 trailer...can't remember where I got it though. ;)

Anyway..it had that bit in it, and yes it looks visually impressive.

However, I have to wonder if these are all just scripted events that we'll encounter every time we play it...

I'll probably get Doom 3...but I'm still not as pumped up over it as I am about Half-Life 2, Deus Ex 2, JA, Republic Commando, etc.

Clicky

*giggle*

Posted by Cmdr. Cracken

OH... MY....GOD

*rubs eyes*

This game will scare me silly, i know it.

That it will, if the alpha from way back is anything to go by - I nearly died - twice!

Even that rough alpha code was impressive, so I can only imagine how scary the finished article will be... I just hope I'll be able to run the bloody thing at some semblance of a decent framerate X.X

I WANT THIS GAME NOW
LOL

My desire for it has actually been reawakened - I sort of got bored of the idea a month or so after playing some of the alpha version... But e3 has rejuvenated my need to be scared in the coolest way possible, so I want the game BADLY now :D

In fact... *clicks on C:\doom3\*

:D

Posted by StormHammer

However, I have to wonder if these are all just scripted events that we'll encounter every time we play it...

I couldn't say for sure, but from my vague recollection of playing the alpha, it seemed quite unpredictable... I could be wrong though ^^

I'll probably get Doom 3...but I'm still not as pumped up over it as I am about Half-Life 2, Deus Ex 2, JA, Republic Commando, etc.
Same here... Scares is good, and the new engine is/will be gorgeous, but it still can't beat good gameplay or a good storyline in SP... *points at JK as evidence* :D

Archived