Home

Matrix Models Help

harleyquin

Matrix Models

OK... Me and Kosh from Jkon are working on a few models.

Mopheus

Neo

Neobi

Trinity

in works : The Twins & Agent smith

But we desperately need help with moving the files from max to uvm maps and weighed

The models are done, the skins .. well we could do with a face artist to help

but its the Max side of the models we desperately need help with.

if you have ever made a working model for JK2 we would be very greatfull for all your help. you are welcome to colllect all credit for it. just want to see them in the wild so to speak and a few hints on where were goin wrong

please help

harleyquin_1@hotmail.com

Yes have max 4.2

Did the models in milkshape

Exported to 3ds

Imported to max

Merged it to the Klye weighed skell (avail in one of the tutorials.

1) How do you UVM map... ????

2) Do you have to associae the ckell with the model at all??

Where is Psycho's tutorial

never had a lot of time to read through them, I know thats such a bad excuse but I work about 16hrs per day so what little time I do get free I dont get to spend it reading the tutorials..

Everything so far is just modifications of exsisting models. I'm currently getting a list of original modelers to mail for permission before I submit these.

ok. my e-mail add is

harley.quinn@ntlworld.com

I can send the max models through to anybody who needs them, and full credit to anybody who helps.

on MSN you can find me on

harleyquin_1@hotmail.com

Would really love to shcedual a chat session on line for a few tips on doing things.

thankxxxx

Hazel.

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

I can provide help (to the best of my knowledge) for your questions regarding 3d max and JK2 character exporting.

I will not UVW map the model, MAYBE i could help with weighting.

Originally posted by Hindy

Do you actually have Max? To do the neccessary conversions, as exporting and weighting is pretty easy just read PsykO's tut. It got me through the process pretty easily

any help wud be greatfully aprecated , if u require any futher info and or wish to help use either harleys email addy or mine kosh-@barrysworld.com

UVW mapping is a bit of tricky business as when someone unwraps it for you, you may not be pleased with the outcomes causing potential conflicts.

Personally I get UV unwrapping but Im not too good at it yet but its okay for my own work.

A basic way to map the body is (I do this once model is segmented)....

1.)Apply a edit mesh modifier to the stack (torso as example)

2.)Cut it in half

3.)Rotate back facing half 180 degrees

4.)Pull the side verts out slightly to allow for curve

5.)Apply a UVW map

6.)Apply a planar map to a specific size i.e 512x512

7.)Apply a unwrap modifier

8.)Click edit on the rollout

9.)Scale the pieces that you want more resolution on take up more of the space

10.)Open texporter and get a snapshot.... Begin texturing it

That is a very basic form of how I do it, PsykO probably wont agree with this technique but hey it works for me.

If you want me to be more specific let me know

Well everyone has their own technique ;)...i prefer to unwrap the mesh when its one piece (only unwrap half and then mirror the other part and weld them back together) other steps are pretty much the same.

What's important is to use a process that you are comfortable with and even more important: distortion free UV coords!.

This may sound daft but if you map half the model at say 1024x1024 then mirror it wont that double the resolution?

Also it would create a very symmetrical skin, would there be any way to edit the mirrored side?

Originally posted by Hindy

This may sound daft but if you map half the model at say 1024x1024 then mirror it wont that double the resolution?

Also it would create a very symmetrical skin, would there be any way to edit the mirrored side?

I work on 1 side instead of 2 which is faster (mainly for the legs and arms).

Once its uvw mapped i add the unwrap modifier and flip/move the other uvws or weld them together if i want symmetry or not.

Another advantage of symmetrical uvw maps is the resolution: this gives a lot more space to layout the coords.

Sorry for being a bit off topic...

Archived