Home

Whats with the lack of any good ffa servers?

MegaSabin

I started playing when the game came out. I would always play ffa, force powers, saber only. Then they came out with i think the 1.02 patch which screwed up the game bad, so i quit. Just today, ive come back and i am happy to see they fixed the gameplay, but i have a major problem.

I cant find not one good ffa server. Every single ffa server i have entered that is saber only/force powers on has either been 1 of two things.

A) Only dueling allowed. IF you kill someone not in a duel you get put to sleep. WTH is this? FFA is suppose to be ffa not dueling...

B) FFA like I use to play except double bladed lightsabers enabled. Isnt double bladed cheating? Even if it isnt i find it pretty lame, as i like fighitng with single bladed a lot bettter, and you cant just ask someone to put theirs away in a middle of a packed battle.

So why is every server 1 of these 2. How come I cant find a single server that saber only/force powers on/no dual lightsabers enabled?

these may not be always FFA (many times FF duel servers or CTF) but you won't run into that **** on them and will play people who actually play the game:

Grendel Recruiting 67.86.211.149:28070

shockwave full force duel 66.150.28.237:28070

{FK}Clan Sabers Only CTF 66.150.29.215:27982

there is another fk server but its named somethin else w/ a diff ip. and there are the misfit (2 of them, i think) and silent death servers as well

^4f/<^7.^4FallenKnights^7. (209.179.21.10:59999)

(fallen's other server)

And he's right as far as American servers go it's basically:

Ours (shockwave)

Grendel

Or SD

fk (1 and 2), =X=, |NJS|, =AX= and rk are all great CTF servers and you won't get any "saber down blah blah" bull**** on them but for FFA there are basically *only 3 dedicated full force saber only servers in North America left that you can just connect to and start playing.

And people wonder why I tend to be hostile towards parts of this community...

Oh wait, these are dueling servers. I think I did a bad job of explaing myself. I want an ffa server in which everybody is fighting wtih once. I want it to be saber only/force powers on and no dual lightsaber allowed.

If anyone knows a server like this ill be very happy

thnx

i can't give you a direct link but I can tell you to use the "Jedi Knight 2" filter in MP. Garnted, it doesn't always work. Btw, it's the saber only/nf servers that'll have the most duelling, so you might want to keep that in mind...

We run FFA about 50% of the time.

If you want a 24/7 full force/saber only-no dual saber FFA with no "saber down = peace" garbage, you're s.o.l.

There are plenty of FF/SO servers; problem is they are the usual academy mod/98364698-rule code of honor types of servers (see sig).

Sorry dude, jk2 used to be a straight up "connect and play" game but not anymore.

I hope JA won't turn into this garbage, but it looks like it's headed in that direction judging by the general attitude of the people playing jk2 these days.

thnx for the info shock, even if its kinda depressing. IM glad your server at least does it 50% of the time so ill stop in some times. Had a nice duel with one of your clan members a few hours ago.

I really miss the old jedi knight when it took 2 seconds to find a good server.

Bah, im going on a search to find a 100% of the time ffa server that fit my specifications. Im sure at least one exists, as i cant be the only person to enjoy this type of gameplay.

Also im assuming jedi academy mod is the double lightsaber?

thank you everybody for your help so far

1.02 was the original version. Then there was the 1.03 patch, and finally the 1.04 patch.

The 1.04 patch tends to filter out the other two versions, so there's actually more servers than you realize. Also servers that have pings that are too high aren't listed either.

I would blame some of the lack of servers on summer vacation. You might also check the time of day and day of the week you play... after all some times there are more games up than others. But be patient, people still play worthy games, and not just dueling only servers on FFA maps. ; p

Archived