Home

Tool for creating a model/mod/skin

cmad

I have not yet created a skin/model for JKII, yet. So I am willing to create a very good one. The thing is that I, unfortunately, don't know what tool to use. Any suggestions? Any links?

Thanks,

Chris

;)

OK. I have 2 questions now:

- Do I have to order the 3DS Max, or can I download it?

- What does each tool you said do? I mean: I use the JK2 Editing Tool, then what do I do with 3DS Max, or Photoshop, or Notepad?

Thanx

cmad_x, I hope ya not talking bout pirating software !!! To buy 3ds Max is upwards of £3,000...

And in question to part 2...

1.) JK2 Editing.... contains neccessary programmes to get a custom model in game.

2.)3DS Max... this is a modeling programe which is required for custom models as you will need to weight it and export it to XSI format

3.)Photoshop... This or any other high end graphics programmes are used to paint skin maps for models (once the model is unwrapped)

4.)Notepad... Just to modify some of the text files to get skins on players models

If you manage to get hold of 3DS max (not gonna tell ya where! Its illegal man) make sure you get the "Texporter" plug in

Originally posted by cmad_x

OK. I have 2 questions now:

- Do I have to order the 3DS Max, or can I download it?

- What does each tool you said do? I mean: I use the JK2 Editing Tool, then what do I do with 3DS Max, or Photoshop, or Notepad?

Thanx

If you dunno what these tools are used for, then it's not gonna be easy for you. I hope you have patience cuz you'll need lots of it!

I am no millioner to spend grands here and there... $3000 is expensive. It reminds me of Borland® Delphi®; it costs appr. $4000, so I got a copy of it (software piracy is way developed here in Greece) :)

If I find no copy, then I just won't start modeling :(

As for PsykOSith, I don't know what these tools are for (except Notepad and Photoshop). I'm gonna need a tutorial or two to be able to start creating JK2 models (if I do).

Any suggestions for sources for the 3DSMax thing? I've already downloaded JK2 Editing Tool (v2.0 AND v1.0)....

cmad_x

Archived