Home

Lando's choice - do you agree?

rad-x

I've always thought to myself, If I could have traded a friend for the preservation of highly populated and smashing city which I loved, what would U have chosen.

And am I the only person who could if not totally agree (which I probably do), almost completely sympathize with his decison.

I know what you mean. Really, I really think it's even worse than that. It's either choose to MAYBE save your city and your life by not getting in the way while they capture your friend... or die and then they capture him anyway. I don't think Lando had much of a choice at all.

Hmm, both of you have a good point.

OmegaNothing has the point of the ppl of Bespin, and Carbon have the point that he really didnt have a choice after all.

I dont agree with his choice, but Lando didnt really make the choice GL made it for him. Technically speaking Lando just did what he was told to do.

So the real question should have been "GL's choice - Do you agree?".

-Clemme

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking (uh oh)....

Lando: "That was never a part of our agreement! Neither was giving Han to this bounty hunter!"

Vader: "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

My question... If Leia and Chewie weren't supposed to be left on Bespin, and Han wasn't supposed to be turned over to Fett, then what exactly was the deal, in regards to Han, Chewie and Leia? Were they originally supposed to be set free? If that's the case, I don't see how Lando betrayed any of them. I mean, he didn't know anyone named Skywalker and had no obligation to help him. Han was his friend, not luke.

Originally posted by Carbon_sleeper

I've been thinking (uh oh)....

Lando: "That was never a part of our agreement! Neither was giving Han to this bounty hunter!"

Vader: "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

My question... If Leia and Chewie weren't supposed to be left on Bespin, and Han wasn't supposed to be turned over to Fett, then what exactly was the deal, in regards to Han, Chewie and Leia? Were they originally supposed to be set free? If that's the case, I don't see how Lando betrayed any of them. I mean, he didn't know anyone named Skywalker and had no obligation to help him. Han was his friend, not luke.

Indeed, a really good point, what was the deal Lando made with Vader? What was discussed regarding Leia, Han and Chewie???

hmm...i guess his deal was to play a part in capturing han solo & co for the purpose of baiting some guy named skywalker, after which they'd be freed . vader, in all his evilness & treachery, twisted the deal to involve the permanent detention of leia & chewie and the handing over of han to fett.

as to whether he made the right choice, i am of the opinion that, yes, he indeed made the more practical & correct choice for the reasons u all have stated.

If that's the case, I don't see how Lando betrayed any of them.

he betrayed them by giving them to vader in the first place. regardless of whether he intended them to be freed later, by handing them over to vader alone, he committed an act of betrayal. i think that han, leia & chewie, in all their humanity (as in, everybody's human) came down a little hard on lando for his act of betrayal, given his lack of choice.

Actually he didn't make a choice at all.

"I had no choice" to quote Lando.

He was just following orders from the guy pointing a gun to his head. (er.. lightsaber? they didn't show the negotiations...)

• 3 years later...

Archived