Home

sd.reborn vs. shock ~ impuntity

SD_ReBoRN__

Originally posted by Guardian Omega

Got repetitive, but VERY nice comeback reborn. I'd thought impunity had it in the bag!:D

err other way around dude, impunity won.

just like the spurs did just now.

19-0 run, duncan w/ a triple double.

san antonio > all of you and you know it.

Yes sir.

It’s an old trick cb used in the past.

If he went for a gk and you broke it w/ a push he flew 9 miles across the map (he had level 0 push) and far out of drain/pk range.

imp subbed a few points for other powers but against a person who likes to kick and run in with a down swing anything less than level 3 is risky.

His level 2 push does not have a 100% stop effect that level 3 does and it also does not cause a person charging (who is using level 3) to "stall" as long.

It's not very obvious unless you know what to look for but after watching that demo I saw several saber shots that never would have reached him if his push was at three.

imp realized his mistake and has corrected the problem.

:cool:

Question, I thought that push stopped pull, not push stop push. And also, why would you waste force using push instead of just going for a kick or pk? If you pushed, your opponent could be ahead in force points, and drain you.

NM, i see, you must have meant when imp fell or was kicked down.

Pull was lvl3

Push was lvl2 (later explained)

Grip/Drain was lvl3

Defense/Offense/Throw was lvl3

Lightning lvl0

Rage lvl2

I ust pull lvl2 because the average FF duelist has lvl3 Push, so when i push them they won't be pushed but they will counter it and leave themselves open for a few seconds. I use that time to go and kick them. Pull has the same effect but its too obvious(if someone came charging at you pulling, you know they will kick or pt you) and Pull also leaves yourself open longer than push.

On a map light hangar and agianst a duelist like Reborn I got rid of my lvl2 Lightning and went back to one of my known talents, Rage (using it an unique way). Reborn never expected me to go back to Rage and cost him a few rounds.

They each counter themselves. Say each player has level 3 pull. When you pull them, so long as they have enough force mana, they won't come flying towards you unless in some kind of motion animation which leaves them vulnerable. Now if one of the players has only level 2 pull, the level 3 puller can pull them at will.

And why bother with level 3 saber defense? I'm pretty sure it's only useful in guns games, and any attack in a full force duel is going to be some form of force+saber combo so the defense isn't going to help that much any way. I never use higher than level 2 saber defense unless I play guns. But then in guns I only use level 1 saber offense and no saber throw.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Saber Offense:

Level 1: Medium Style unlocked

Level 2: Ligth Style unlocked

Level 3: Strong Style unlocked

Also, the level of your saber offense has an effect on saber locks.

Saber Defense, on the other hand... Don't look at me.

defense increases blocking

I thought each level of defense relates to a stance.

level 1 d you can auto block light.

level 2 d you can auto block medium.

level 3 d you can auto block heavy.

I was playing on a low level force server a while back and did not have enough points for saber d and even in heavy stance, every shot that came at me busted right through.

This is what i originally thought.

lv 1 defense blocks all targets as long as the cross hair is 15 degrees (whatever units) or less a distance from the attacking projectile, be it saber or projectile. Easily broken with heavier stances.

lv2 defense blocks about twice the radius of lv 1. More powerful resistance against heavier stances. Can block rapid fire projectiles. When your saber is knocked away, you regain control faster than in lv 1.

lv3 same as lv2 except projectiles blocked are reflected toward the enemy that shoots the projectile.

But after Reborn told me a long time ago I started doubting that lv2 and 3 were the same blocking speed and only lv3 reflects projectiles back towards the enemy instead of randomly and arbitrarily. According to Reborn's judgement, lv 3 also has less of a chance of having your saber broken and faster break recovery.

But about the fact of what stance you are in. Is it true that in red stance, you have more defensive power?

However, if detritic-iq could read this post, I'm sure he would be able to find the answer. I just find it hard to believe that some of the most experienced saberists don't know the exact mechanisms that work in the game.

Archived