Home

"The Hulk" Flops!

Darth Groovy

In my opinion, if you know ones there to be created, you could probably come up with it yourself without asking someone else. You dirty minded devil you. I personally didn't think about that until you pointed it out just then.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the previews were alright, as unlike alot of people I never saw the TV show, but read a few of the comics. I was never into them or anything, but the concept did interest me a teensy bit :)

I honestly think that the fact it ignores the television show is what's caused its popularity to be so low.

Anyways, my mom, sister, and brother loved it, so I might go see it. ^^

No wonder it flopped, 'cause superhero movies allways suck. They lack the plot because most of the time and effort goes to the visual effects.

But not all are crap. Like RayJones, I too liked the old Batman. The modern Batman has metallic "chest plating" to bring out his abs and lots of weird gadgets, while the old one had a bit of a belly that showed from under his tights and in fight scenes they showed the "Kapow!", "Wham!" and other texts on screen. Now THAT was a classic.

• 3 weeks later...

The Hulk grossed $62 million in it's opening weekend and then plumetted a a full 71% to $18 million in it's second weekend. That's simply how crap it was. Okay, so it had it's good points (what the frick was that story about? that did not happen in the comic Stan Lee would be spinning in his grave about now if he were dead) but then it had it's amazinglt bad points. He was way too green (he was never that green to begin with, and the printers back then could only do basic green at the time). But then, this whole thing with his father and stuff, that was completely made up, I'm not even a fan of the comic (i've probably read about two of them) and I hated that. Sorry, but this was the summers biggest gamble and now they're out of chips.

Now on to the next biggest gamble of the summer, T3. In another topic if wanted.

Yeah, I know that, but the whole thing with his father injecting himself and then passing it onto his son wasn't in the comics. In the comic, Eric Banner injected himself and then went into radiation and became the Hulk, His fathers only input into the Hulk was his abusiveness and fuelling his anger.

Archived