Home

Is there a fly all mod for XWA?

Originally posted by Rogue For Hire

:) Whatever... I still would like to know about the fly all mod because I have created one and I don't know if one all ready exists.

By "fly all", I hope you mean being able to fly all of the ships in the game, not just the fighters and transports. Might be interesting to try out a Nebulon B frigate b/c of its ability to spin like a top (remember trying to destroy the Gorgon from the original X-Wing?). Flying a shuttle might be fun, too.

If you want more boards to ask about this mod, feel free to email me.

A fly all mod for XWA is easy (and has been done before), just go into Shiplist and change all the "NonFlyable" tags to "Flyable."

Only problem is that cap ships apparently don't have turrets. You can fire forward, but not "defensive fire." And even the forward guns often go wonky; you won't have a laser-recharge setting, or you'll dumb-fire torpedos instead of lasers, of you'll get a "fusion beam" effect of all of the capship's (20 or 30 odd) lasers firing from a single point (which can actually be pretty cool, sometimes).

Originally posted by Flying Beastie

A fly all mod for XWA is easy (and has been done before), just go into Shiplist and change all the "NonFlyable" tags to "Flyable."

If I remember my Cantina reading from when XWA first came out, you could make the gunner flyable (for multiplayer) in the YT-class transports using basically the same method. There was a lot of lag when it was first tried, but I don't think lag would be an issue on today's machines and broadband connections.

Originally posted by Flying Beastie

Only problem is that cap ships apparently don't have turrets. You can fire forward, but not "defensive fire." And even the forward guns often go wonky; you won't have a laser-recharge setting, or you'll dumb-fire torpedos instead of lasers, of you'll get a "fusion beam" effect of all of the capship's (20 or 30 odd) lasers firing from a single point (which can actually be pretty cool, sometimes).

Capships do have turrets...I clearly remember. But only if you used autofire. If you set all lasers forward you'd just get the fusion beam effect. :)

You can even fly asteroids.

Oh, and incidentally - try dying in a cap ship that leaves debris when it explodes. :D

Archived