Home

I have a lot of posts about training....

dow_30

and I feel we should always train other =A= for free. For one, it keeps money in our pockets, and it also maximizes the knowledge level of the PA as a whole. As a side bonus we all build up apprenticeship points too.

When we start out tomorrow, we should pick someone....an architect probably, and pool our credits to get them trained, along wiith supplying him or her with the resources to advance. That character can then train everyone else.....so on down the line.

Also, in the beginning, all the crafters will be sampling our heads off and making survey devices (all metal, good xp), but we will need metal, ore, fiberplast, chems, and gas. Since we will all be surveying we should organize and share our resources. We need to pump the lead crafter (read: main architect) to Eng. III where we can start pumping out harvester deeds. Also, we will need combat types or others not surveying to run mission to bring in cash for the harvestors. If we out our harvesters down in that sweet spot we like we can redeed them when we want to lay down a PA hall.

And so you know, I am not an architect in case this sounded biased.

Off topic, I know someone is preparing hunting parties everyday. I submit that after we get established we should have an =A= fishing derby.....that's right, you can actually fish in this game!!

YOu can train anyone in any skill you have except for learning the novice level of the five main professions (brawler, artisan, entertainer, scout, or marksmen). In the beginning only the NPC's will be able to train because not a lot of people have the skills yet, and the power grinders that do don't want to be bothered. In beta most people trained for free, but that could change because the economy will be much tighter. SO you have to pay NPC's for training, but we can all train eachother. We SHOULD charge outsiders though, our knowledge is an asset!!

You would get experience. During the game you will gain all kinds of experience which you may or may not choose to use pick up a skill. One tip on this, configure your options to show your xp, you can have multiple bars showing progress in several areas. This is especially helpful if you are getting scout experience, combat experience, and marksman experience while out "in the field".

Archived