//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "comment" );

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_MUSIC_STATE", /*@MUSIC_STATES*/ "DM_AUTO" );

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_MUSIC_STATE", /*@MUSIC_STATES*/ "DM_SILENCE" );

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_MUSIC_STATE", /*@MUSIC_STATES*/ "DM_EXPLORE" );

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_MUSIC_STATE", /*@MUSIC_STATES*/ "DM_ACTION" );

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_MUSIC_STATE", /*@MUSIC_STATES*/ "DM_BOSS" );

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_MUSIC_STATE", /*@MUSIC_STATES*/ "DM_DEATH" );

I need silence for a cutscene but I can't shut off the dynamic music. I tried all of these commands with no luck. I tried using a target_play_music with a silent mp3 but there's no way to turn the music back on. Has anyone got this to work?

I have been experimenting slightly with dms, but I'm not so far in, that I could have posted anything you wouldn't yourself had tried already. As I have also included in my level some of those commands you listed (even if I haven't yet listened to hear if there's any difference in the music), I would like to know, what is this 'better solution' you found. Could you post it hear for everybody to see?

Yeh man, I've got dynamic music in all my levels and it is a pain to switch it off for cutscenes. DM_Silence seems to work, but it takes maybe 30 seconds or more, which is a bit useless...so like Lassev I must ask, what is the solution? :)

EDIT: My spelling is atrocious!

EDIT2: I see you'd already emailed it to me :D Great stuff man, thats going to add to the range of things a level author can do!

Ah, well, Kengo, why don't you go forward and forward it to me. I'm quite sure mercenary wouldn't mind. He seems like a reasonable fellow. This would eventually save me some time and trouble. There's at least one part in my maps that surely would benefit from having dms turned off temporarily.

I figured out how to change to a different set of dynamic music in the same map, for example kejim_post to artus_topside. This is the simple way of doing dynamic music without using the dms.dat file. I discovered you can assign dynamic music using a target_play_music. With that option available you simply need to trigger the target_play_music to activate the music or to change the dynamic set. In the entity window in Radiant, enter for Key:music value:anyofthefollowing (don't put music/ before)

artus_detention

artus_mine

artus_topside

bespin_platform

bespin_streets

cairn_bay

kejim_base

kejim_post

ns_hideout

ns_starpad

ns_streets

yavin_courtyard

yavin_final

vavin_swamp

Yavin_final

(example) key:music value:artus_detention

This entry can also be made in the worldspawn. If you want to change to a different dynamic set at some point in your map, you trigger a target_play_music with a different dynamic set. I haven't fully tested this method that's why I sent it to Kengo first. You're all welcome to try but let me know if it works for you.

Never hesitate, if you yourself even think it might work. You know, you can always add something like "I think this is how it is done". Even if it didn't work the exact way you intended, it still might give some poor fellow the last clue he needed to accomplish something.

I know everyone of us would like his own map to introduce some new bit of innovation, but then again, I think most of us would also like to play some quality maps that are made by somebody else. And none of us is going to be paid for this work anyway, so there's actually little real competition.

Thanks for this advice you posted. I will evaluate its usability for my own uses.

Archived