Home

Tutorial Please

Jedigamer.5

since the OSX version is still in development and evidently they have a pre-release test version that they've made public.

There's information here about the project.

This is evidently the core of the problem:

"this one was very hard to pull out, mostly due to scarce OSX developers availability"

..so hopefully the OSX OpenSource development community will start to grow a bit when it comes to games (and gaming tools) development.

That was a fast reply. I looked at the site, maybe there as something i missed but it seems that i kept coming back to the faq page. Supposing this IS the MAc OSX installation ,method, I followed the steps up until this point (at the OSX fink lines for GTKRadiant)

Once fink is installed:

Login as root, edit your /sw/etc/apt/sources.list file to add the following lines:

deb http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/nightly release main

Then update your package list and install the package radiant3 (using dselect for instance) .......

I dont know how to get permission to go to /sw/etc/apt/sources.list, I dont know what my root password is and if I log on as regular admin it still says permission denied.

Since I am in no way an expert in Unix/Linux/OSX I'm afraid that I can't be of much help to you there.

It's a bit of a bummer that they also said the following:

I'm afraid that without new developers the OSX port is likely to be abdandonned.

...which kinda stinks, since I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would like to use GTKRadiant on OSX, if they knew it existed.

Archived