Home

The Stump

cekryb

Ok, so in MI there is a stump in the forest on the way to the swordmasters cabin. when bringing the cursor over it you could actually engage it in some manner, i forget its been so long. Also, in MI2 there was a door that you could open and it would bring you back to the Stump. This was in the original release and i haven't played the re-release to see if that was still there. someone tell me i'm not the only one who encountered this.

joshua

He's referring to the Mi1 floppy joke. If you try to go into the stump, Indiana Jones-like dialogue will ensue, and it will then ask you to "Insert Disk 22." This was meant to be a joke; you could never enter the stump, and there is of course no Disk 22. When the CD version was made, this joke was taken out, presumably because guys at LucasArts found the joke irrelevant on CD. The reference to it in the ending credits was also removed.

In MI2, you can go to Melee Island, but not the stump. (?)

In CMI, there are two more monkey island injokes. One where you could see a drowned MI1 guybrush, and one where you stick your head out of the stump.

but everybody knows that!!!!

In the family crypt in CMI, you can look through a crack in the wall to turn up inside the stump in SOMI. But everyone knows that.

Harder to find is the drowned Guybrush, which can be seen through using the water at the beach on Blood Island 30 something times. I forget the exact number. ¬

Just to clear things up, in MI2, when you can "go back to Melee Island," all that happens is that you come out of the door thats in the alley where Fester Shinetop first harasses you. You know, right next to the CIRCUS poster. Anyways, you cant leave the alley because there are some orange road cones blocking the way to the street! Almost looks as out of place as the Destructomatic-T47 with GPS and Fax Modem or whatever. :p

Originally posted by Das Mole

when you have to make the lechuck voodoo doll and you take the elevator up and open the door and you're in the back alley on melee island.

and where's the drowned guybrush in mi3? :confused:

oh, das. i was confused..

i remember. yeah. especially because i played this part last weekend ..

*ray: standing in the wood, seeking the trees*

Ps. use the water on the beach on blood island in mi3. (20 Times or so.) then you will see.

To get into the water pick up water 30 times or something like that. To get back inside the water afterwards, move the cursor over the water until the cursor changes into a red arrow. Then you can go back into the water and look at things and stuff (Too bad you can't drown).

that sounds very...interesting. i'll have to try that. too bad my game doesn't work:( it says "insert the disk" after i do and it says "no disc is inserted", so then i clean it off about thirty times and it still doesn't work:confused:

my games are just messed up. i'll have to remember that, though, in case it decides to work sometime:)

Archived