Home

the game crasehs all the time...

Wille2

hello all...i have a big problem...when i play EFMI the game just ends back to my desktop random times, sometimes, after 1 minute, and sometimes after 10 seconds! Thuis is really annoying...i have tried to download the patch from Lucas Arts but that wont help...plz help me!:(

Hmm, i dont think it is cause of the RAM, since i have played it for like a month, and first now it starts to crash, havent changed the computer for a while. Anyway...

WIndows Me

1,2 Ghz

512 MB Ram

NVidia GeForce 3 Titanium 200

Authentic AMD

Amd Athlon XP Processor

what else you wanna know?

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you have applied all the latest patches to EFMI from Lucasarts I can only suggest perhaps changing operating system to Windows XP...

I have never heard of a problem such as this with anyone else.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I have tried all of the above.

Specs:

Running Win XP Pro on:

Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo 600 P4 3,0 GHz HT

Intel Pentium 4 3,0 GHz HT

512 MB DDR-RAM

Display: GeForceFX 5600 (nVidia), 256 MB DDR,

ViVo DVI-I

Disk: 320 GB IDE/7200 rpm (2 x 160)

CD-drives:

DVD 16xDVD, 48XCD

DVD+RW/R+ 4xDVD+R, 2.4DVD+RW, 8xDVD,

16xCDR, 10xCDRW, 40xCD

Sound: Creative Labs Audigy 2

Tried with or without the LucasArts patch, with or without XP Service packs, all combination of installation options, locations, CD-drives, all combinations of OpenGL/DirectX, resolutions and compatibility mode.

Got DirectX 9 and the latest drivers for video and sound card.

Mine crashes just as I click "Play game". I can browse the other options in the launcher, but as it changes resolution in order to launch the game, it crashes and goes back to Windows. No error message in DX-mode, "This program has generated errors" in OpenGL mode.

Any idea?

-Hunter

....and by the way; Yes I have a 100% legal copy, bought beatifully sealed in a store here in Norway just two weeks ago. So it has nothing to do with badly cracked versions or anything like that. For the record. :)

Thankful for any help!

-Hunter

As a last resort I suggest that you go back to the store where you bought the game and tell them that there is something wrong with your newly bought copy.

At least, that was what I did. And the Game store - where I bought my copy - exchanged it for another copy, which didn't make my game crash to the desktop! Though the "crashing-to-desktop" only occured when reaching the "Town Square" on Lucre Island.

This was my only salvation to keep playing this intriguing game, but it was worth it.

Stars05 wrote:

As a last resort I suggest that you go back to the store where you bought the game and tell them that there is something wrong with your newly bought copy.

---

I guess that would be an idea as a last resort. If I can find the receipt... Tackar! :)

Joshi coughed:

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game?

---

Er.. Yes. :)

On several locations on both fysical disks on my computer. Tried both "compact" and "complete" installation. No luck.

But of course, for all I know there may be something really obvious that I've forgotten about. Just don't know what yet...

-Hunter

I think it may be time for the last resort. Idf you can't find the reciept... well, there's nothing much you can do but go to them and ask for an exchange and hope they do it without a reciept (sometimes they do). Other than that, I can't reall see what could be wrong apart from a faulty disk.

Archived