Home

Favourite Monkey Island

well, you got 1 thing right, SOMI is the best. I mean, that's the only one I didn't use a walkthrough the very first time I played. Well, not that I've ever used a walkthrough for SOMI...

LCR awesome, strange ending, all works out though.

CMI- okay, really lost some of that pixelated, no voice, adventure feel.

EMI - okay, hated Monkey Kombat, it changes every time, so I waste a ton of paper writing it all down. Point'n'click?? Anyone?? What was with this game?? Has LucasArts gone absolutely crazy?? It's a lot of freakin' work trying to figure out how to fit this in with the rest of my story.

Actually aubrianne, I haven't even played LCR:fist:. I've been looking for it everywhere but I can't find it. I just meant I agree with you about everything else. Maybe you could help me find LCR so I could play it and get back to you.

PS: why does everyone hate EMI? It was the first MI game I played and I loved it (at least enough to make me play the others)

It probably is a very good game in its own right, and i did have some fun playing it. But once you get towards the end of the game it just didnt feel like a monkey island game anymore, everything was just re-used old jokes and charecters and not a lot that was new was really that good.

If you play MI2 im sure you'll enjoy it a lot because it is an exceptionally good game and if you enjoyed number one, you will like this (unless your srange... ;))

Wow this is hard ..... before i start, i think it would be a great idea to re release the old monkey island games, even in a collection with the others, except, with added voices

i thought the voice actors in comi really fitted the part, like stan for example, he sounded just like i thought he would

anyway back on topi

LCR -It's the funniest, the most difficult and you don't lose interest from start to finish, definately the best all round

comi/somi - ok joint second, somi obviously, as it started it all, and still is an amazing game to this day, curse of monkey island isn't quite as good gameplay wise , but the voices add to it , to just make it 2nd

efmi-I really enjoyed the start of the game, due to nostalgia mainly, but that soon wore off and i found it boring, and repetitive of the other games, still pretty good though

Actually, after playing Monkey Island 1 through recently, i think i prefer LCR. Granted, i have play SOMI the most of all of the games, so i think i've probably ruined it for myself, but theres deffinetly a lot more too LCR, story wise, puzzle wise and the depth of the experiance. I don' think its as funny though, bur i think its probably a better game.

Say, is anybody willing to sell me their copy of Monkey Island Two: Le Chuck's revenge? I realize it is probably something that is very hard to part with, but wont it be worth it to spread the joy and give somebody else the chance to play it? :D

Please? I've never played it and I'm dying to.

contact me at ncddude@comcast.net

thanksabunch

• 2 weeks later...

Archived