Home

Do you think that the same characters should be repeatedly used?

I wouldnt mind if the next one did not have I. Cheese, Carla or Meathook. They were just too bland. The characters that MUST return to satisfy me are: The CMI Barbers! Murray, Largo, Otis, and a better-voiced Stan (think a fast-talking Ross Perot!) A return of the Pirates of Low Morale Fiber would be nice. And the cannibals wouldn't be out of the question for me.

Yes, Yes, Yes, moderation is the key. To rely on a previous game's success for a new one is a poor way to go at it. Personally, I'm dying to see the Men of Low Moral Fiber come back, along with ALL of the original canibals, not just Lemonhead. Another favorite that would please me would be some extremely breif scenes of Gov. Phat, Kate, and the MI2 gang. It would be nice to have a wonderful game that makes itself a classic, not relying on its predecessors, but still giving us one last glimpse of our good friends. Maybe Guybrush should come back too....not too sure about that yet.....hmmm.......

I don't think that the same characters should be used over and over as frankly you be sick of them after a while.

Certain characters should only return if there is a actually need for them to reappear instead of just putting them in there just for the shake of putting them in.

but i didnt like the celebrity take off look/soundalikeys in Escape from MI

Is it just me, or was the bartender at the Scumm Bar a spitting image of Robert De Niro? (U can see when he turns his head toward the "camera" during a conversation.)

A good explanation was never offered as to what happened to Largo. He was with LeChuck in MI2 the whole time, but in the end he wasn't there at all. Some people say he got blown up in the Fort, but that was never shown, never hinted at... we never even SAW largo in the fort while GB was there.

I'd love to see Largo return.

Largo

Murray

Mr Fossey (He was class, I loved his voice and his quirkiness)

Barber Pirates,

Men of Low Moral Fibre

Captain Smirk MI1

Capt Dread

Gov Phatt and his Henchman

Stan without a retarded coat.

Mostly Mr Fossey and Gov Phatt.

(Bob)I think some characters(bob) should be brought back (bob) but new ones should be made FIRST(bob), like Zesja said.

Hmmm, guess who i would like to see?

BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and seeing Stan again, i guess.

I wonder if we'll ever somehow see the cook from the Scumm Bar again.....

I agree that they shouldnt just put in old characters for the sake of people wanting to see them updated. And if they do, they should at least give them the same personality as they originally had.

Wally was nothing like his original character in CMI, and neither was Carla or Otis... Or Murray in MI5.

It really ruins it, cos these characters are what you originally loved about the first 2 games, and whn they bring them back they change to suit the games style and plot, which is silly.

Personally i hope they dont bring anyone back except maybe captain dread and Murray (as he was in CMI) itd be nicer to have some fresh new characters.

Originally posted by Governor Phatt

I agree that they shouldnt just put in old characters for the sake of people wanting to see them updated. And if they do, they should at least give them the same personality as they originally had.....It really ruins it, cos these characters are what you originally loved about the first 2 games, and whn they bring them back they change to suit the games style and plot, which is silly.

Yeah, i guess so...there should definatley be more new characters then ruined old characters....

Perhaps characters should be brought back stubly? Like just in the backround somewhere, or hidden in a painting?

(Image...Murray in Mi5 as "painting of mighty demonic skull" )

I'd love to see:

Murray,

Wally,

Men of low morale fibre,

and of course...

Stan,,,

but I have to disagree about the first few comments on Stan. I personally liked the smooth-talking Stan better. (but that's just my oppinion)

and no, not Bob. I thought he was too cute. and I don't think cute belong smuch in the true feel of the monkey Island series.

Theyre never going to get Stan "right" although the look of the CMI stan was pretty close he didnt move his arms fast enough, and EMI was just (for some reason) a Jim Carrey soundalike.

Stan is a salesman, and back in the days of SoMI and LCR Stans character was that he talked almost faster than you can read, so if they wanna do it right they should make it so he talks faster than u can understand what hes saying.... if that makes sense.

This is another example of why they shouldnt bring back old characters unless they have a writer from the original games helping.

Its not worth ruining the game to fans because of it, cos lets be honest, we all have characters that we just love especially for some reason, and its just dissapointing for them to seem different the next time.

I shall now retire....

Archived