Home

Should lightning be blockable?

Nemios

I mean by the saber. In ep2 for the very first time we saw that actually you can block lightning bolts. From a "movie perspective" we could guess Obi-Wan was using a sort of absorb (just like Yoda) but it seems another ability to me.

From a "gameplay perspective" what do you think? IMHO it woul be cool but to balance Force powers Heal shoul also have limitations, maybe you can't move and/or attack while healing (see JO SP Heal lv1&2).

I think that if lightning became blockable from the saber as well as absorb it would become even more useless then it is right now. I didn't really like how obi-wan blocked the lightning, it totally downplayed the power. And for heal, i think you should have to turn saber off and sit down to meditate while you are healing. Its more realistic IMO.

I thought the lightening block was great in ep II - imho. I would like to see it implemented - in SP as well - though I kinda doubt it will be.

Oh - and there was a thread started about this - but the title/subject wasn't very clear - I think it was electric saber or something.

Archived