Home

"Eye of the Kraken" demo released

OK, I downloaded it, and it's almost entirely different from the old demo. There are some same objects and rooms, and the people are the same (although I haven't met Ophelia or Villon yet), but none of the puzzles are the same as in the very very old demo: In fact, the demo is the beginning of the game.

I actually found this new demo worse than the old demo, although I haven't finished it yet... and I turned the music off.

OK, now I have finished the demo, and I give you three warnings:

1) There are no hatches over the holes, which means that if you think that something is an open hatch, it isn't a hatch, but stairs. It took me ages (relatively) to figure this out. So if you are stuck and the only places you've been are the cabins and up the first sairs from the corridor, go up, and then up again. You'll find the decks there.

2) It's possible to end the game without completing all the possible actions, so whatever you do, do not visit your own cabin after you have explored it fully! At a certain point (when the timeblock changes for the first time) going to your own cabin - and then exiting - will result in Abdullah advertising the eye of the kraken and the game will freeze. I was even unable to exit to Windows.

3) Having read the walkthru afterwards, the game ends is a very strange place (suspense-wise), or perhaps I just missed something.

Archived