Home

Group??

mknote

Ok, well, there are a few caveats here, but you've got some options.

Look carefully at the three brushes you want to combine and observe: if they were to be combined into one brush, would any of the angles at any of the vertices be greater than 179°? If not, then, by all means, select all three brushes and do a ctrl+u "CSG Merge" operation.

If "CSG Merge" is impossible in your situation, you can always head over to the SplashDamage forums and search for "phong" to learn how to impliment phong shading in the q3map2 compiler. You'll have to use q3map2 to compile your map, and you'll have to code your own phong shader, but it will smooth out those ugly lighting hiccups you seem to be complaining about now.

Ugh, here's how you do it: you get over it and learn to love Gtk. What did you hate about it, exactly? You can make it behave almost exactly like JK2, but without the constant bugginess and crashing... all it takes is a few minutes to actually look through the preferences. For cryin' out loud--JK2Radiant absolutely sucks, and I've got no sympathy for those who kid themselves into thinking otherwise. That is what you're doing, by the way: kidding yourself. Give yourself a week with GtkRadiant... trust me, it will be time well-spent.

Originally posted by rgoer

Ugh, here's how you do it: you get over it and learn to love Gtk. What did you hate about it, exactly? You can make it behave almost exactly like JK2, but without the constant bugginess and crashing... all it takes is a few minutes to actually look through the preferences. For cryin' out loud--JK2Radiant absolutely sucks, and I've got no sympathy for those who kid themselves into thinking otherwise. That is what you're doing, by the way: kidding yourself. Give yourself a week with GtkRadiant... trust me, it will be time well-spent.

This is a little off topic but if we were on a server I would have to say u have the link to gtk radiant bound to a key. You must have emorized the url by now lol:p

On topic: If they are similarenough just make them into one brush like i do:D

Archived