Home

Taking screenshots in CMI

Tahnee

Mmkay...bear with me, as I am a total Windows Newbie™ who finds Windows 98 rather threatening. :rolleyes:@self

Anyway...I bought an old PC laptop to play CMI, living in an all-Mac household as I do, and now I want to take a few screenshots to make LiveJournal icons out of 'em, but I can't get the darn thing to work! I know about the "Print Screen" and "Alt + Print Screen" options, and I know those keys work as I can take screen captures of things like my desktop. But the thing is, when I try it in CMI, the result always shows as a big empty blackness. Not quite what I was going for.

I asked someone who's actually Windows-savvy (unlike yours truly), and he said something about sprites or...er...something? Is there some program I have to use or a special key combination that involves using all my fingers and toes?

(Yeah...I'm a total newbie, I know...)

Simple printscreen wont work for DirectX/DirectDraw programs. An easy way is to run it in ScummVM and then use printscreen (or alt+printscreen to capture the active window). The other option is to use a screen capture that can capture directx/directdraw screens. Search on google for Hypersnap DX or Snagit.

• 2 weeks later...

Poopers. I just find it hard to fantom an all Mac household, having grown up with DOS.

My question is how did you become an Mi fan with only Macs?:confused:

(amusing Reaper moment: Girl attempting to install games that require more memory then the 1995 aunt's old laptop can hold):compcry:

Originally posted by Reaper Girl

My question is how did you become an Mi fan with only Macs?:confused:

EMI was ported to the Mac by Aspyr way back in 2000-ish, and caused a rather large stir in the Mac gaming community...basically, every reviewer who played it couldn't stop raving about it. I decided to see what all the fuss was about. :)

I tried running MI1 and 2 on my Mac with Virtual PC, but they didn't work, so a friend of mine graciously gave me his MI1 and 2 Mac versions. (Yes, those were ported to Mac, too. I was surprised.) Since I'd spent $100+ on those games and all. *eye twitches*

Though, I do admit that going from MI2 to EMI without CMI and with MI2's ending is enough to make a person go postal. Problem solved, though. *hugs her laptop* :)

Originally posted by TyraaRane

Though, I do admit that going from MI2 to EMI without CMI and with MI2's ending is enough to make a person go postal. Problem solved, though. *hugs her laptop* :)

So I guess you were kicking youself when playing CMI then?

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

So I guess you were kicking youself when playing CMI then?

Actually, I was bouncing up and down and making squeeing noises. ;) Why, should I have been kicking myself?

Though the bit at the end, with LeChuck claiming he pushed H.T. Marley into the whirlpool, did get me sputtering for a while. Ah, the joys of being a fanfic writer for the MI canon...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by TyraaRane

Actually, I was bouncing up and down and making squeeing noises. ;) Why, should I have been kicking myself?

Because absolutely no where in CMI was an explanation as to what the hell happened to Guybrush at the end of MI2 (and only a good ten or so year later do we actually learn that and it's from a CMI lead instead of the fricking game itself.)

But that put aside, that was one hell of a game.

Archived